+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Torchwood

Re: Torchwood on BBC

This new preview gave me goosebumps. I'm giddy! It made me realize how much I've missed this show. Only about 5 more weeks until the premiere!
    YouTube - ‪Torchwood: Miracle Day - Trailer‬‏

I didn't know Dichen Lachman was cast! It doesn't look like she's got a very big part, but I was thrilled to see her in this preview. From the info on imdb, it looks like we'll get 10 episodes, so more than with Children of Earth, although not as many as seasons 1 and 2. Still, I'll take what I can get!

For those who were wondering about Rhys and whether he'll be back for season 4,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kai Owen is listed in all 10 episodes on imdb.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well I don't get Starz, but as a longtime Doctor Who/Torchwood watcher, I'll be sure to catch it eventually.

Thanks for the link.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Do you have Netflix? Pretty much everything on Starz is available streaming on Netflix as it airs. I'm not sure how they'll handle Torchwood, but it will probably be on Netflix before it goes to DVD. I know Camelot wasn't available instantly, but it's showing as coming soon and I don't think the season is over yet.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Do you have Netflix? Pretty much everything on Starz is available streaming on Netflix as it airs. I'm not sure how they'll handle Torchwood, but it will probably be on Netflix before it goes to DVD. I know Camelot wasn't available instantly, but it's showing as coming soon and I don't think the season is over yet.
    No we don't (we are so behind!), but as I said, I will be watching it at some point.

So I just started watching Torchwood from the beginning... about 3 days ago. I am now on Episode 4 of season 3. I couldn't stop watching. I think I managed to skip over most of the spoilers except
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ianto dies :cry
    I love John Borrowman and omg Eve Myles kills me!! Her facial expressions, her humour, her goofy smile. LOL I love her!! I'm so glad that I didn't have the wait that all of the original Torchwood fans have had for season 5 - I don't know if I would have survived!!!
    I'm on board with the rest of you. I just hope the American network doesn't mess things up - but then again it's Starz and not FOX.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Starz has a few new videos up on the official site: Torchwood: Miracle Day - A STARZ Original Series - Screening Room

Great trailer Critical. Will iTunes have the episodes available for download?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Torchwood

Just changed the thread title, since the show is on Starz right now.

Did anyone else watch the premiere? I just watched it on OnDemand and loved it! I got goosebumps when Jack appeared onscreen the first time and when Gwen pulled the gun on Rex.

I've not been a Mekhi Phifer fan, but I thought he was fine. Alexa Havens was on All My Children years ago and I have been puzzled as to why she hasn't gotten more roles. I think she's very talented and I enjoyed her as Esther. The jury's out on Bill Pullman for now. That character is too creepy.

Jack being injured kind of freaked me out. I don't think Russell Davies would ever kill Jack, but it was upsetting seeing him mortal.

For viewers who are new to the series, I can imagine that the premiere was a bit confusing. Please stick with it! I've read reviews from people who have seen the first 3 episodes and it does get even better!

A nice article on CNN about the show:
    'Torchwood: Miracle Day' steeped in fandom, libido and relationships - CNN.com

FORT Fogey

I watched the first episode, and I was riveted! This is good TV! It'll be hard for new viewers to understand the backstory, so I hope they share some more of that in the coming episodes. Jack being mortal is just mind-bending, wow!

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    I watched the first episode, and I was riveted! This is good TV! It'll be hard for new viewers to understand the backstory, so I hope they share some more of that in the coming episodes. Jack being mortal is just mind-bending, wow!
    I saw it last night and really enjoyed it. I was skeptical being a fan of the original show and Doctor Who, but it was quite good. JAck being mortal is hard for me to deal with. In Doctor Who rumors he is supposed to be the face of Bo... a being that lives a very LONG life, kind of mythical and immortal. Not sure if they will pursue this route anymore. Wonderful to see Gwen again... to hear the word Torchwood. I look forward to the next episode.

+ Reply to Thread