+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 153

Thread: WGA Strike & all related issues

  1. #71
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    48
    Posts
    10,755

    Re: WGA Strike & all related issues

    Link Here

    O'Brien to Pay Nonstriking Staffers
    By FRAZIER MOORE

    NEW YORK (AP) - With his nonstriking "Late Night" staffers facing layoffs after Friday, Conan O'Brien has promised to cover their salaries next week, an NBC spokeswoman said Thursday.

    "He's paying the staffers' salaries out of his own pocket," NBC spokeswoman Rebecca Marks said. She said O'Brien had informed his staffers earlier in the day. The nonwriting staff numbers about 75.

    Production of "Late Night" has been suspended since the writers strike began Nov. 5.

    Through this week, NBC had been covering the salaries of its nonwriting staffers, along with those of "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and "Last Call with Carson Daly," which are also in reruns.

    But the network thus far has not said whether it intends to continue paying employees of any show on hiatus. All three programs are owned by Universal Media Studios, which, like NBC, is owned by General Electric.

    Two weeks ago, before NBC made its initial arrangement, O'Brien had pledged to pay his staffers should the need arise. O'Brien is a member of the striking Writers Guild of America, as are fellow hosts Leno, ABC's Jimmy Kimmel and CBS's David Letterman.

    About the same time, staffers of "Late Show with David Letterman" and "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" were promised continued payment at least through December by Letterman, whose production company, Worldwide Pants, owns both shows. They continue in reruns.

    Staffers for "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" continue to be paid by ABC, according to a network spokesperson.

    Earlier this week, Daly, who is not a WGA member, announced "Last Call" was resuming production, with new shows to begin airing next week.

    Defending his decision to return to work, Carson said in a statement that, otherwise, "roughly 75 staff and crew would have lost their jobs."

    "As a non-WGA member I feel I have supported my four Guild writers and their strike by suspending production for a month," he said.

    Negotiations between striking TV and movie writers and producers continued Thursday.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

  2. #72
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714

    Re: WGA Strike & all related issues

    I've been reading various letters from the WGA and it doesn't look like the strike will be over as soon as the studios have hoped. It's interesting seeing the VERY different spins both are putting on this though.

    I'm holding out hope for a Chrismuhka miracle!

  3. #73
    FORT Fanatic mynicholle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    407

    Re: WGA Strike & all related issues

    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2699779;
    I've been reading various letters from the WGA and it doesn't look like the strike will be over as soon as the studios have hoped. It's interesting seeing the VERY different spins both are putting on this though.

    I'm holding out hope for a Chrismuhka miracle!
    That's a bummer! Without the writers there won't be any shows and networks won't be making any money, so, why can't they meet in the middle to sort this out?

  4. #74
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,661

    Re: WGA Strike & all related issues

    Here is a breakdown of what is, what will be, what won’t be & what is already shut down.

    US TV - News - US strike show status: What's left? - Digital Spy

    US strike show status: What's left?
    Monday, December 3 2007, 09:56 GMT (04:56 ET)

    By James Welsh, International Editor

    DS presents a full roundup of the effects of the WGA strike on American television scheduling and output as the strike heads into its twenty-ninth day.

    NEW TODAY
    - Full airdate and schedule update as the end of the year approaches
    - Strike talks resumed November 26; WGA says latest AMPTP offer constitutes "rollback"
    - Comedy hosts to pay workers impacted by writers' strike through end-2007

    ABC
    Big Shots: 13 episodes out of 13 ordered completed.
    Boston Legal: 15 episodes completed out of 22 episode order. Production shut down.
    Brothers and Sisters: 12 episodes out of 23 ordered completed. Production shut down.
    Cashmere Mafia: Launch held back until end of strike.
    Carpoolers: 13 out of 13 completed.
    Cavemen: 13 episodes out of 13 ordered taped.
    Desperate Housewives: Production shut down with 10 episodes recorded; episode 9 aired December 2.
    Dirty Sexy Money: 11 of 13 episodes taped.
    Grey's Anatomy: 11 episodes recorded; production shut down. Episode 10 to air December 6.
    Jimmy Kimmel Live: On hiatus.
    Lost: 8 episodes out of 16 ordered taped. In event of protracted dispute, the 8 in the can could run as a mini-season starting in the New Year with remaining shows held back for 2008-09.
    Men in Trees: 19 episodes taped, some held back from last season.
    Notes From the Underbelly: 5 out of 18 episodes completed.
    Private Practice: 10 episodes taped. Production shut down. Episode 9 confirmed for December 5.
    Samantha Who?: 12 episodes taped out of 22 episode season order.
    Ugly Betty: 13 out of 24 episodes taped. Episode 10 to go out December 6.
    Women's Murder Club: 10 out of 13 episodes completed.

    CBS
    Cane: Production on 13 episodes completed successfully.
    Cold Case: 13 episodes out of 24 ordered taped. Production shut down.
    Criminal Minds: 12 episodes of 22 episode order taped. Production shut down.
    CSI: 11 episodes of 24 episode order taped. Episode 10 currently scheduled for December 13. Production shut down.
    CSI: Miami: 13 episodes of 24 episode order taped. Production shut down.
    CSI: New York: 14 episodes of 24 episode order taped. Production shut down.
    Ghost Whisperer: 10 episodes out of 22 ordered taped.
    Jericho: Production completed on 7 episode order.
    NCIS: 11 episodes out of 24 ordered taped. Production shut down. Episode 11 to air December 18.
    Numb3rs: 12 episodes out of 24 ordered taped. Production shut down.
    Rules of Engagement: Production shut down with 9 episodes completed.
    Shark: 11 episodes of 22 episode order taped. Production shut down. Episode 11 to air December 9.
    The Big Bang Theory: Production shut down with 9 episodes completed.
    The Late Show with David Letterman: On hiatus.
    The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson: On hiatus.
    The New Adventures of Old Christine: Production shut down.
    Two and a Half Men: Production shut down with 10 episodes out of 24 ordered in the can. Show went on hiatus November 26.

    Fox
    24: Production shut down with 8 episodes taped. Show on hiatus.
    American Dad: 22 episodes out of 22 ordered in the can.
    Back to You: Production shut down with 9 episodes taped. On hiatus.
    Bones: 12 episodes of 22 episode order taped. Episode 9 aired November 27. Production shut down.
    Family Guy: Production shut down with 19 episodes completed.
    House: Repeats to air after American Idol in January. 12 episodes completed of season 4 - episode 9 aired November 27.
    K-Ville: 11 episodes out of 13 ordered in the can. Production shut down. Episode 10 scheduled for December 17.
    Prison Break: 13 out of 22 episodes completed. On hiatus until January 14, when episode 9 will air.
    'Til Death: Production shut down. On hiatus.

    NBC
    30 Rock: 10 episodes of a 22 episode season taped. Production shut down. Last scheduled episode, 9, airs on December 13.
    Bionic Woman: 8 episodes of 13 episode order completed. On hiatus effective November 28. Production shut down.
    ER: 13 episodes completed; episode 10 to air November 6.
    Heroes: Heroes: Origins spinoff suspended. 11 out of 24 episodes completed; episode 11 to air tonight and will serve as finale of volume two.
    Journeyman: 13 episodes of 13 ordered taped. Episode 11 scheduled for December 10.
    Law and Order: SVU: 14 episodes taped. Production shut down.
    Medium: 9 episodes out of a 22 episode order completed. Production shut down.
    My Name Is Earl: 13 episodes of season 3 completed.
    Saturday Night Live: On hiatus.
    Scrubs: 12 episodes shot. NBC rumoured to have wanted 12th episode to serve as series finale; creator Bill Lawrence refused to wrap series early. Episode 6 to air December 6.
    The Office: On hiatus.
    The Tonight Show with Jay Leno: On hiatus. NBC considering plan to bring show back with guest hosts beginning November 19. Jay Leno refuses to cross picket lines.

    The CW
    Gossip Girl: 13 episodes of 22 episode order taped. Episode 10 scheduled to air December 5. Production shut down.
    Smallville: 15 episodes of 22 episode order taped. Production shut down.
    Supernatural: 12 episodes completed; production shut down.

    Comedy Central
    South Park: Writers not members of the WGA; production continues.
    The Colbert Report: On hiatus.
    The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: On hiatus.

    HBO
    Real Time with Bill Maher: On hiatus.

    FX
    Dirt: Second season expected to be truncated.
    Nip/Tuck: 14 episodes in the can; filming on 8 more postponed.
    Rescue Me: 22 episodes ordered; production had been scheduled for early 2008 start.

  5. #75
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: WGA Strike & all related issues

    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2703665;
    Here is a breakdown of what is, what will be, what won’t be & what is already shut down.

    US TV - News - US strike show status: What's left? - Digital Spy

    US strike show status: What's left?
    Monday, December 3 2007, 09:56 GMT (04:56 ET)

    By James Welsh, International Editor

    DS presents a full roundup of the effects of the WGA strike on American television scheduling and output as the strike heads into its twenty-ninth day.

    NEW TODAY
    - Full airdate and schedule update as the end of the year approaches
    - Strike talks resumed November 26; WGA says latest AMPTP offer constitutes "rollback"
    - Comedy hosts to pay workers impacted by writers' strike through end-2007

    ABC
    Big Shots: 13 episodes out of 13 ordered completed.
    Boston Legal: 15 episodes completed out of 22 episode order. Production shut down.
    Brothers and Sisters: 12 episodes out of 23 ordered completed. Production shut down.
    Cashmere Mafia: Launch held back until end of strike.
    Carpoolers: 13 out of 13 completed.
    Cavemen: 13 episodes out of 13 ordered taped.
    Desperate Housewives: Production shut down with 10 episodes recorded; episode 9 aired December 2.
    Dirty Sexy Money: 11 of 13 episodes taped.
    Grey's Anatomy: 11 episodes recorded; production shut down. Episode 10 to air December 6.
    Jimmy Kimmel Live: On hiatus.
    Lost: 8 episodes out of 16 ordered taped. In event of protracted dispute, the 8 in the can could run as a mini-season starting in the New Year with remaining shows held back for 2008-09.
    Men in Trees: 19 episodes taped, some held back from last season.
    Notes From the Underbelly: 5 out of 18 episodes completed.
    Private Practice: 10 episodes taped. Production shut down. Episode 9 confirmed for December 5.
    Samantha Who?: 12 episodes taped out of 22 episode season order.
    Ugly Betty: 13 out of 24 episodes taped. Episode 10 to go out December 6.
    Women's Murder Club: 10 out of 13 episodes completed.

    CBS
    Cane: Production on 13 episodes completed successfully.
    Cold Case: 13 episodes out of 24 ordered taped. Production shut down.
    Criminal Minds: 12 episodes of 22 episode order taped. Production shut down.
    CSI: 11 episodes of 24 episode order taped. Episode 10 currently scheduled for December 13. Production shut down.
    CSI: Miami: 13 episodes of 24 episode order taped. Production shut down.
    CSI: New York: 14 episodes of 24 episode order taped. Production shut down.
    Ghost Whisperer: 10 episodes out of 22 ordered taped.
    Jericho: Production completed on 7 episode order.
    NCIS: 11 episodes out of 24 ordered taped. Production shut down. Episode 11 to air December 18.
    Numb3rs: 12 episodes out of 24 ordered taped. Production shut down.
    Rules of Engagement: Production shut down with 9 episodes completed.
    Shark: 11 episodes of 22 episode order taped. Production shut down. Episode 11 to air December 9.
    The Big Bang Theory: Production shut down with 9 episodes completed.
    The Late Show with David Letterman: On hiatus.
    The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson: On hiatus.
    The New Adventures of Old Christine: Production shut down.
    Two and a Half Men: Production shut down with 10 episodes out of 24 ordered in the can. Show went on hiatus November 26.

    Fox
    24: Production shut down with 8 episodes taped. Show on hiatus.
    American Dad: 22 episodes out of 22 ordered in the can.
    Back to You: Production shut down with 9 episodes taped. On hiatus.
    Bones: 12 episodes of 22 episode order taped. Episode 9 aired November 27. Production shut down.
    Family Guy: Production shut down with 19 episodes completed.
    House: Repeats to air after American Idol in January. 12 episodes completed of season 4 - episode 9 aired November 27.
    K-Ville: 11 episodes out of 13 ordered in the can. Production shut down. Episode 10 scheduled for December 17.
    Prison Break: 13 out of 22 episodes completed. On hiatus until January 14, when episode 9 will air.
    'Til Death: Production shut down. On hiatus.

    NBC
    30 Rock: 10 episodes of a 22 episode season taped. Production shut down. Last scheduled episode, 9, airs on December 13.
    Bionic Woman: 8 episodes of 13 episode order completed. On hiatus effective November 28. Production shut down.
    ER: 13 episodes completed; episode 10 to air November 6.
    Heroes: Heroes: Origins spinoff suspended. 11 out of 24 episodes completed; episode 11 to air tonight and will serve as finale of volume two.
    Journeyman: 13 episodes of 13 ordered taped. Episode 11 scheduled for December 10.
    Law and Order: SVU: 14 episodes taped. Production shut down.
    Medium: 9 episodes out of a 22 episode order completed. Production shut down.
    My Name Is Earl: 13 episodes of season 3 completed.
    Saturday Night Live: On hiatus.
    Scrubs: 12 episodes shot. NBC rumoured to have wanted 12th episode to serve as series finale; creator Bill Lawrence refused to wrap series early. Episode 6 to air December 6.
    The Office: On hiatus.
    The Tonight Show with Jay Leno: On hiatus. NBC considering plan to bring show back with guest hosts beginning November 19. Jay Leno refuses to cross picket lines.

    The CW
    Gossip Girl: 13 episodes of 22 episode order taped. Episode 10 scheduled to air December 5. Production shut down.
    Smallville: 15 episodes of 22 episode order taped. Production shut down.
    Supernatural: 12 episodes completed; production shut down.

    Comedy Central
    South Park: Writers not members of the WGA; production continues.
    The Colbert Report: On hiatus.
    The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: On hiatus.

    HBO
    Real Time with Bill Maher: On hiatus.

    FX
    Dirt: Second season expected to be truncated.
    Nip/Tuck: 14 episodes in the can; filming on 8 more postponed.
    Rescue Me: 22 episodes ordered; production had been scheduled for early 2008 start.

    well at least I will still have Jericho...Men In Trees and Half of LOST..grrrrrr...you know that the FLEISSMASTER and Mark Burnette are just rubbing their hands together in pure GLEE for all the REALITY trash they will problaby bring us....I hope they resolve this soon...I want my shows..not too much more reality...urghhhhhhh
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  6. #76
    FORT Fogey Tigerusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,438

    Re: WGA Strike & all related issues

    Here's a site that will keep you up to date on negotiations and everything strike related.

    The site is run by WGA members who are also showrunners so of course they are 100 percent WGA biased, which they should be, but you can find some good information and answers to questions like what is the strike all about and why did Carlton Cuse, showrunner for "LOST" keep working on the show while the other showrunners didn't but got so fed up with how the writers were treated last week during negotiations that he decided to stop working on the show and join his fellow showrunners.


    United Hollywood
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

  7. #77
    HBK fan nilesgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,764

    Re: WGA Strike & all related issues

    I'm holding out hope for a Chrismuhka miracle!
    You mean Christmakwanzikkah?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

  8. #78
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714

    Re: WGA Strike & all related issues

    That too! I was thinking in terms of the OC tradition.

    Also, I'm hearing that if things aren't settled within the next week. By either this Friday or next (I can't remember which) that there will be no new episodes of shows after what's currently taped airs in January to May.

    Anyone else hearing that/can comment on it?

  9. #79
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: WGA Strike & all related issues

    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2706153;
    That too! I was thinking in terms of the OC tradition.

    Also, I'm hearing that if things aren't settled within the next week. By either this Friday or next (I can't remember which) that there will be no new episodes of shows after what's currently taped airs in January to May.

    Anyone else hearing that/can comment on it?
    Other than I will enjoy the last episodes of Men in Trees that they have in the can...We get at least 8 episodes of LOST and the 7 episodes of Jericho ---THIS MIGHT BE THE ONLY GOOD THING---we might generate a new viewing audience for Jericho..I HOPE SO

    but as far as anything else goes..I will be since I am pretty sure our airways will be filled up with productions by the FLEISS MASTER and Mark Burnett...REALITY TV all the time....
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  10. #80
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714

    Re: WGA Strike & all related issues

    I hope Jericho gets a strong audience. It has a good line up previous to it and with not much else being on, I really hope it pulls through.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.