+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: WGA Strike & all related issues

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: WGA Strike & all related issues

Link Here

November 17, 2007 -- In its first dramatic move since the beginning of the Writers Guild strike, NBC has fired "nearly the entire production staff" of its struggling, late-night staple, "Saturday Night Live," sources told Page Six.

One tipster told us, " 'SNL' laid off all their staff until further notice. Their production staff, even long-term employees, were let go." Another source confirmed that "90 percent of the 'SNL' staff was fired."

And while The Washington Post reported yesterday that NBC might lay staff off at Jay Leno's "Tonight" show, "Late Night With Conan O'Brien" and "Last Call With Carson Daly" - all of which immediately went into rerun mode on Nov. 5 - those staffers would at least get paid for two more weeks. But an insider confirmed to us that "SNL" staffers got no severance.

Although no official announcement had been made as of last night about firings at any of NBC's late-night shows, multiple sources confirmed to us that "SNL" staffers learned of their axing yesterday morning. Reps for NBC declined comment.

Despite being scrooged out of their Christmas-season paychecks, the "SNL" crew still has a big heart. Playbill reports that the cast plans to perform a nontelevised show tonight at the New York Upright Citizens Brigade Theater on West 26th Street. Ticket proceeds from the sold-out performance, which was produced by Lorne Michaels, will benefit the Writers Guild's strike fund.

The strike has drawn such famous-faced picketers as Sarah Silverman and Kathy Griffin in Los Angeles and "SNL" alumna and current "30 Rock" star Tina Fey in New York to the picket lines. The writers have been fighting for a slice of the dough that networks make off of DVD sales and Internet-streamed content.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

they going back to the table..I agree with Kristen on this one..just make sure you get the last 8 episodes of LOST done...lol...but I guess this means the Fleiss master won't get the chance to give us months on end of "reality tv"...lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Well, there's always Big Brother!

Maybe this time I will like the winner. LOL!

Well I know that managment and the writers were supposed to go back to the table this past Monday, Nov 26...has anyone heard any updates yet?

CCL

Rumours are that the strike is supposed to be settled before Christmas. But I haven't heard anything definite.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2697300;
    Rumours are that the strike is supposed to be settled before Christmas. But I haven't heard anything definite.
    well I just read on Yahoo news that Broadway will be opened back up on Today that they have come to an agreement but I don't know if that includes just the stage hands or if they have reached an agreement for the writers also

FORT Fogey

The Broadway strike was the stage hands only. It's not related to the WGA strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2697388;
    The Broadway strike was the stage hands only. It's not related to the WGA strike.
    lol..well you didn't take any time busting that bubble of mine and here I was having hope (for a few seconds) that there would be a chance that we would get the last 8 episodes of lost written this season

LG.

Carson Daly is going back on the air with new episodes next Monday, without writing staff. Late-Night TV in Limbo As Daly Returns - MSN Entertainment News
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2697464;
    Carson Daly is going back on the air with new episodes next Monday, without writing staff. Late-Night TV in Limbo As Daly Returns - MSN Entertainment News
    Well, that's all fine and dandy, but what about Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread