+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: WGA Strike & all related issues

LG.

Re: WGA Strike & all related issues

I just checked that site and I thank the powers that be that there are still 6-7 unaired episodes of Cavemen in the can.
    Yup, it looks like reality tv is going to be front and center for a while.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey

It won't all be reality, because some of the networks were smart and held programs back in anticipation of the strike. ABC and Fox especially ordered more new programs than they could air, so they could use them as mid-season programs. Many of them are shows we haven't seen yet like Cashmere Mafia and Lipstick Jungle. Others are returning but didn't make the Fall schedule like According to Jim. NBC and CBS have blown through most of the non-reality stuff they have. But since some network people were smart and held things back in preparation for the strike, it'll be a mix of scripted and reality, just like it is now. The big difference will be that ifthe scripted shows stink, we'll get a few extra weeks of them anyway.

I'm so looking forward to watching Gladiator! (read with plenty of sarcasm)

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2725098;
    I'm so looking forward to watching Gladiator! (read with plenty of sarcasm)
    Me, too (no sarcasm at all). I used to like Gladiators.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

I loved the show (American Gladiators) in its original format. I'm a little nervous about the re-introduction of it. From the promos, it looks like they've tried to really sex it up, and get a little closer to the WWE format. If that's the case, it'll bum me out.

In other strike related news, I'm hearing reports today that Leno and Conan will both be back the first week in January without writers.

From the promos, it looks like they've tried to really sex it up,
    It's debatable if they succeeded.

I mean I saw one of the female gladiators on one of the Entertainment shows.

She was styled as a Valkyrie. Pigtails, etc. Which you think would be somewhat designed to buy into a male sexual fantasy. Then she opens her mouth and this DEEP bass voice comes out. She was an octave deeper than the male gladiator she was standing there with, and every time she spoke I kept looking at him to see if HIS lips were moving.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2726146;
    It's debatable if they succeeded.

I mean I saw one of the female gladiators on one of the Entertainment shows.

She was styled as a Valkyrie. Pigtails, etc. Which you think would be somewhat designed to buy into a male sexual fantasy. Then she opens her mouth and this DEEP bass voice comes out. She was an octave deeper than the male gladiator she was standing there with, and every time she spoke I kept looking at him to see if HIS lips were moving.
    I saw that. That woman frightened me. M Night Shyamalan should snap her up for his next production. Creepy.

Those steroids will do it every time.

We are in for a scary few months. Because even the reality show filler that was PLANNED instead of what got tossed together seem sub-par. I mean "Celebrity Apprentice"? "Crowned"? "American Gladiators"? Good golly.

On the other hand, its a great time to be "Medium", or one of the other rare drama shows that has a month or two of "banked" episodes.

I actually think that the period around March may be the worst. NOTHING will be left in the bank for dramas, and it will be too soon for any DECENT new reality TV to be finished. So only the junk will be playing.

And also... I expect the last half season of most dramas this season to SUCK, because they will be rushed through writing and production. So even when the strike is over we will suffer.
    Last edited by Krom; 12-18-2007 at 12:59 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

MRD

I liked the old American Gladiator. Not sure about this one though.

Good thing we have not been renting movies. Looks like I will need many trips to the video store in the upcoming months to catch up on all that we have not seen as there will be nothing to watch.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm expecting a lot of unaired pilots to find their way to the air during this time. at least I hope so. I like to see what 'others' decided was not good enough to last.

+ Reply to Thread