+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ER- "Finders Keepers" 4/3

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

ER- "Finders Keepers" 4/3

From NBC.com
    FINDERS KEEPERS

RAGING ROCKET ROMANO BURNS THROUGH UNHAPPY EMERGENCY ROOM -- A tense E.R. spins further into chaos when a bitter Dr. Romano (Paul McCrane) assumes control and offends nearly everyone with his inept and dictatorial policies, while Dr. Lewis (Sherry Stringfield) is pleasantly surprised by the visit of an intimate relative (guest star Donal Logue). Meanwhile, a sympathetic Dr. Kovac (Goran Visnjic) employs Dr. Corday's (Alex Kingston) help in his quest to bring a sickly Croatian boy to America for his only chance to live. Corday also counsels a frightened young pregnant women (guest star Elizabeth Bogush) whose cancer jeopardizes both her life and the baby's. Elsewhere, Corday's nanny accidentally runs over the foot of a cunning street salesman (guest star Max Grodenchik) Dr. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) scrambles to buy Dr. Chen (Ming-Na) a gift for her birthday; and Lewis is startled at what happens to a woman who fell and is admitted with a broken wrist.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I've been reading spoilers for this episode and I'm really looking forward to it. I can't wait until Thursday!

Anyone want to be a real life-saver and tell me about this ep?

I screwed up and missed it.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Let's see...I'll probably forget some details so if anyone has anything add to my summary, please do!

I'm pretty sure the episode started with Romano and Kerry in Romano's office. Kerry is bringing her stuff in and Romano's stuff is in boxes. Kerry tells Romano that his stuff will be send to his house and all. Kerry tells him that it wasn't her idea to become Chief of Staff, it was Anspaugh's. I'm pretty sure she told him something about how this was what was best for him right now and it might just be a temporary thing. So he gets on the elevator and walks into the ER and starts throwing insults at everyone. Lots of one-liners and racist/sexiest comments out of him.

Also, at the beginning of the episode, Elizabeth is getting dropped off at work by Ella's nanny and her nanny runs over this street vendor's foot. They take him into the ER and he tries to sell Pratt stuff...etc...The guy also steals Kerry's crutch, Susan's gloves. Anyway, it happens to be Chen's birthday so Pratt runs out to buy a gift for her...He goes to one store and they're closed and he sees the salesman and he unknowingly buys Susan's gloves and gives them to Chen...However, towards the end of the show they realize that Susan's gloves were stolen and that Pratt had bought this girlfriend's birthday present from some street vendor. And that was pretty much it for Pratt and Chen...

One patient was being transported by helicopter so Carter, Abby, and Luka have to go up to the roof. They have a scene showing them in the elevator with Luka trying to make small talk about movies and sushi and mentioning that Carter and Abby had been a couple for about a year now. Finally, the uncomfortable moment is over and they go to retrieve the patient. As they are getting the patient, a male flight nurse asks them if Susan is working that day and they tell him yes.

Later, Susan and some others (sorry can't remember...might be Luka or Carter) are working on a man with a dislocated shoulder. He is also a drug addict so they do not want to give him medication so they are trying to pull his shoulder back into place. While this is going on, Abby comes and tells Susan that there is a man outside claiming to be her husband. Susan asks what he looks like and Abby responds with something like, "Tall, dark hair." and Susan just sorta smiles and says that that's him and resumes her work. It turns out this guy is a flight nurse in Chicago and he and Susan got married during that conference or whatever it was she went to in Las Vegas. His name is Chuck. We find out that they are planning on getting an annulment and they talk about how their respective lawyers told them how easy it would be to do. Though they did consummate their marriage, Chuck figures since they did not live together, getting an annulment shouldn't be a problem. Later, after her shift is over, he comes by the ER and they both had bad days and they decide to go out...

Elizabeth was back on this episode. A young pregnant woman (with her a lot older husband) come into the ER. Romano says that she needs surgery but Carter has this young female surgeon come down and Romano begins to yell at her and finally Corday comes and resolves it. It turns out she had cancer on top of being pregnant. The woman wanted to have chemo, even though it meant the baby wouldn't survive. I'm a little hazy on the details here but the operation seemed to be going badly and Elizabeth told the husband that if they decided not continue with the surgery, his wife would live long enough to have the baby at least. However, the man decided to respect his wife's wishes even though she was going to die.

Elizabeth was also a part of several other character's stories. During a trauma, Luka received a phone call from Croatia. However, Robert got hold of the phone and told the person never to call that number again. It turns out the person was a lady that went to medical school with Luka and still lives in Croatia. She has a patient who is a young boy and he needs some kind of transplant or something and would have to come to America to get it done I think (Not real sure about this part either). Anyway, Luka decides to talk to the other foreigner (Elizabeth) about it and he asks her to talk to Kerry about it, even though neither one of their relationships with Kerry is good.

While down in the ER, Elizabeth also speaks to Romano and realizes how hard he is taking the changes. When Elizabeth talks to Kerry, she addresses both the facts about Luka's patient and her concern for Robert. Kerry doesn't care much about either.

Romano almost kills a little boy when he gave him the wrong dosage or something....and Carter makes a point of checking all the patients that Romano treats. So Carter saves the kid...and finally Carter and Romano get into an agrument and Romano shouts out that it's his ER now and everyone is replaceable...even Carter. Romano also gets into an agrument with Gallant several times and he fires Haleh (but later has to bring her back because he does not have the power to fight anyone under a union.) However, Rocket manages to find someone not under a union and fires them.

So after his long day at the ER, Romano goes to the bar and on the TV there is some tough/strong man competition. Romano makes a comment about how anyone making over $20,000 a year wouldn't want it and the man next to him says $30,000. Romano goes on to say something about how only homosexuals would like it or something and this ticks off one man that hits him and then it looked like another guy goes after him. And they end the show with Romano getting his ass kicked.

I hope this summary is alright...That's all I can remember for now....Other minor details in it...Not as important...But I hope I could help. Anyone else have anything to add?

I thought the episode was pretty good...but I'm biased being a Romano fan. I thought it was a pretty even episode though...Susan had a story....Luka had his story and he wasn't all depressed so that was a plus...Elizabeth had a story...So personally, I enjoyed it.

OMG....I didn't realize I had written so much! Sorry about that! I guess that what happens when you get bored and aren't able to sleep.

Dahoney! Thanks so much! That's a great recap.

I feel like I didn't miss a beat now!

Thanks again!

No problem Bravofan...Glad to help!

Thanks Dahoney!

I was a huge ER fan, but have missed it for about 3 month now. It was great to get a recap.

See Carter and Abby are still together. :rolleyes
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Newbie

Finders Keepers

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    Anyone want to be a real life-saver and tell me about this ep?

I screwed up and missed it.
    Did you get an answer to this? I have it on tape

rse

FORT Newbie
    Can someone PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE tell me what happened on the season premier last night? I can't believe I MISSED IT!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread