+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Gear

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar

Top Gear

Is this website just for American shows, or can I ask if anyone - ANYONE watches "Top Gear" on BBC America on Monday nights?
    Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May talk about cars, transform them into space shuttles, send a Mini down a ski slope, race and generally prat about. I love the fact that I can now watch it over here in the States...anyone? anyone....?
    Awesome show!
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

Re: Top Gear

You are not alone. My college age kids discovered this show and now my husband and younger kids watch it too! Sometimes they have Top Gear marathons and I can hear them all laughing hysterically in the other room!

I tried to watch it, but I haven't gotten into it yet. No worries, it took me awhile to warm up to Family Guy too, and now I love it.
    Tahoe bound....

skyhigh, I really recommend it. I'm not a car person at all, nor is my husband really, but we just love the lunacy of the program. Last week they had to each take a car, cut it in half and make a stretch limo out of it. One made a limo out of a Fiat Panda - it was so long, that he installed one of those trays on wheels that were used in "The Great Escape" that you lay on and pulled yourself to the other end of the car. One made a convertible limo out of an MG, and the third cut a Saab and a Rover in half then welded them together, so that he wouldn't have to back out of parking spaces, he could just get in the other end and drive out. It was hilarious. I hope more people catch on to this show...lol.

Leo
    Premium Member

My personal favorite bit of lunacy from the current season is crossing the English Channel. On board a floating pickup truck.

Oh my word...they just showed the English Channel crossing on BBC America last night...in the busiest shipping channel in the world, dodging cargo ships and ferries in a floating pick up truck. That was hilarious!! My husband and I couldn't stop laughing!

My kids are coming home soon from spring break and will have all the shows downloaded on there laptops... I'm sure we are in for a marathon! Looking forward to seeing the floating truck
    Tahoe bound....

I watch it on BBC Canada. I'm not a car person either but it makes me laugh
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

The endurance race on Monday was excellent!! Looking forward to next Monday with Dr Who as the "Star in the Reasonably Priced Car"

I'm changing from cable to satellite this weekend and I'm so excited about finally being able to get BBC America. This show sounds like something the hubby and I can watch together (not many shows we can lol) and I will definitely be looking out for it.

It's normally on Mondays? Anybody know what time EST?

Harmony, It's on Monday nights 8pm EST. They show the new one at 8pm and then the repeat from the week before at 9pm. I think you can catch the repeats at the weekend. You'll love it!

Love the photo - did you use a Nikon SLR for that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast