+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Re: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

that scene where that terminator and the old scientist guy was in the bathroom and scientist guy closed the door wierded me out for some reason

don't know what it was but i repeated it on the DVR a few times

---

oh yeah are they using all british actresses on these shows now?

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2767007;
    I don't know that she is too skinny. Linda Hamilton's Sarah was pretty skinny at the end of T2 from all the working out at the psyche ward.
    Linda Hamilton was a 18/19 yr old typical teenager/college student in T1. In T2 she is supposed to be 13 yrs older, about 32 and a soldier, she was lean but muscular. She had a fighter's build. I also read in the TV guide that Lena's build was brought up but that the producers did not want her buff, but softer. That the audience would be more accepting of her character if she appeared more feminiine and vulnerable. Big duh, here she is on the run for her survival and mankinds I expect her to be tough able to fight back. After all she has had 15 yrs in hiding to train. In both T1 and T2 it is repeatly said that Sarah Connor was a great fighter and leader. Right now, she is a cream puff.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2766992;
    In the show? I haven't heard any slips, but I haven't been listening that closely either.

I've been reading online that there are people who have told "Sarah" that she's too emaciated/skinny/not built enough to play the role. I think, honestly, I have to agree.
    I don't think she's too skinny, she looks good, she's just not ripped like Linda Hamilton was in T2. I think Hamilton was thinner.

I'm not noticing an accent either, I didn't know she had one.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

She's British hence the kinda accent when she plays American. Linda Hamilton was a lean, mean killing machine in T2 who fought to keep her son alive. The transition of the character from T1 to T2 was the best part of the story in my opinion. Making the character soft and more vulnerable in the TV series is a major let down and not consistent with the story arc.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

I think you got it better than I could word it BJL. I think in comparison to Hamilton she looks far too frail. Hamilton was buffed up without overkill. She looked ready to take on the world. The tv Sarah looks more ready to run away from the world than face it.

February 4 episode.

Felt it was the weakest episode so far. Kinda boring. John was acting like a wuss. He had more fight when he was what a 13yr old kid in T2. The secondary arc of the FBI agent was a bit much. Here he is a 40 something and some young kid is showing him up. Totally disrespectful and one would think would not be tolerating by any of the other senior agents. Then there is Sarah, trying to be the over protective mom. That I didn't buy it too much. Shouldn't she be teaching John how to drive, how to fight, how to shoot, how to survive in the desert, tactics, strategy, logistics instead of constantly telling him no.

Also, wasn't there a paradox created if the factory where Cameron was created no longer had the supplies it needed because she dumped them into the ocean.

Also, I do have a big huh. In T1 Reese said that John Connor would talk about his mom and how she was this great fighter who organized the resistence after Skynet attacked humanity and yet in T3 Sarah is dead of cancer and in the series Cameron says that Sarah would have been dead already if they had not time jumped.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Was there some comment about the older blakc FBI agent (James?) going blind? Was that metaphorical? Why are they saying he's over the hill...he's not very old.... I missed the earlier episodes so maybe some of you can answer that?
    Also what have I seen the older FBI agent in before.?.. I recognize his voice, some police drama I think....
    Re the toughness of Sarah C.....I agree I liked LH in T2, but this one is able to use the "helpless female" thing to get close enough to strike, and probably that would not have been convincing from the T2 LH. As in, Have you seen a dachshund? Bad transition for fans of the series, but if you were starting kind of from scratch it would be believable.
    Also agree...teach the kid to drive for crying out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2783213;
    Was there some comment about the older blakc FBI agent (James?) going blind? Was that metaphorical? Why are they saying he's over the hill...he's not very old.... I missed the earlier episodes so maybe some of you can answer that?
    Also what have I seen the older FBI agent in before.?.. I recognize his voice, some police drama I think....
    Re the toughness of Sarah C.....I agree I liked LH in T2, but this one is able to use the "helpless female" thing to get close enough to strike, and probably that would not have been convincing from the T2 LH. As in, Have you seen a dachshund? Bad transition for fans of the series, but if you were starting kind of from scratch it would be believable.
    Also agree...teach the kid to drive for crying out loud!
    I think the older FBI agent was on Judging Amy. I say I think because I've not been watching it, MrCoz has, so I've only been listening, but that's whose voice I think it is!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2783498;
    I think the older FBI agent was on Judging Amy. I say I think because I've not been watching it, MrCoz has, so I've only been listening, but that's whose voice I think it is!!
    YES!! That's it! I kept trying to make him be an older version of some cop from Hill Street Blues or one of those shows, but it was the baillif or whatever he was on Judging Amy.

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2782638;
    ...and yet in T3 Sarah is dead of cancer and in the series Cameron says that Sarah would have been dead already if they had not time jumped.
    The show is set right after T2 as if T3 never happened. The only thing TPTB took from T3 is the cancer storyline.

+ Reply to Thread