+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Viva Laughlin

Viva Laughlin

Did anyone else catch this last night?
    I'm not sure what to make of it. It doesn't seem to bad during the story parts, but they have all these big scenes when one of the actors busts out into a musical performance.

Re: Viva Laughlin

I thought about it, but the idea of a musical drama turned me off. Plus, Melanie Griffith is in it...I can't stand that woman.

I did not catch it last night, but I will watch it online. I'll give anything a try if Hugh Jackson is in it and I do love musical theater.

I agree that Melanie Griffith is a reason to turn anything off. Her mother, while no Glenn Close, was a much better actress.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar

Hmmm...it was kinda jarring. Just when I'm getting into the story somebody breaks into song! I don't know how I feel about it yet, but I'm thinking that if the musical aspect was dropped it might not be half bad.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I like the cast.. for the most part. I liked the idea of the show, a lot. BUT yes... HATED all the singing. some times it fit.. sometimes im like thinking Cop Rock, YAY.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I did watch it online. It's not great, but I enjoyed it enough to watch again. The singing is what makes it appealing to me and the songs they are singing actually include melody rather than screaching. But, as I said above, I love musical theater.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I didn't watch it but from the review, kind of reminds me of that sad show Cop Rock I don't think I would like this.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

No offense to those who liked it, but I'll be glad when they go ahead and yank this show. I'm still steamed that they delayed Amazing Race until the spring for this trash.

Well for those that didn't like it, I'm reading at several very reliable places that it has been cancelled.

And for those that were upset about it pushing AR back, well good news for you, AR will start Nov. 4!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2623217;
    Well for those that didn't like it, I'm reading at several very reliable places that it has been cancelled.

And for those that were upset about it pushing AR back, well good news for you, AR will start Nov. 4!
    Yep, Cancelled, done city, over & out. 2 episodes was enough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast