+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Samantha Who?

Re: Samantha Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2614325;
    I caught it starting while she was at the AA meeting and I just wanted her to shut up.
    That meeting was when it occurred to me that this show is My Name is Earl (a disguised 12-Step show) for females. The main character was bad and wants to be good now.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2615620;
    Tuvok from Voyager playing a doorman
    Thank you, he did seem familiar!

I've just finally had the time to watch the first three episodes and I really like it. It's nice to have some funny 1/2 comedies among the long list of 1 hour dramas.

I agree. It's just finding time to fit it in. I watch too much tv .
    It got a full season pick up though!!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I wasn't a fan of Married with Children, and even less of a fan of Christina Applegate's character. Then she did a short lived series called Jesse, and I officially fell in love with her. She has such a wonderful sense of comedic timing and such a sweet nature. I see that again in this series.

And if that weren't enough, the series also stars Jean Smart on whom I have a major crush.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2664226;
    I wasn't a fan of Married with Children, and even less of a fan of Christina Applegate's character. Then she did a short lived series called Jesse, and I officially fell in love with her. She has such a wonderful sense of comedic timing and such a sweet nature. I see that again in this series.

And if that weren't enough, the series also stars Jean Smart on whom I have a major crush.
    Well, this may come as a surprise to you, but I loved Married With Children . And I used to have to assert my opinion regularly to the dissenting many that Christina Applegate was actually a very talented actress. Mr. Rattus has finally consented to agree with me on that issue, and likely that issue alone.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I love the main message each episode brings. While some things are not exactly plausible (especially the whole carrying the gun the way she did), it doesn't matter because the show is just so charming and good!

And Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream is VERY good!!

I've only been able to catch one episode. But I love Christina Applegate. Is it me, or does she still look the same after all these years?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2626099;
    That meeting was when it occurred to me that this show is My Name is Earl (a disguised 12-Step show) for females. The main character was bad and wants to be good now.
    Very good comparison to Earl, Harvest! Hadn't thought of it that way, but you are right. The big difference is only that the star doesn't already have her list of sins to make good on, just stumbles into a new one or two each episode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123