+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Samantha Who?

Re: Samantha Who?

Wasn't it called "Jesse"?

I thought that it had potential

Oh no, I loved Jessie, I'm thinking of the one that was on Fox. It made her a star. Frank Sinatra sang the song "Love and Marriage" about the Bundy family. That was not funny, but it lasted forever, so what do I know?
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Married With Children

Thank you Dagwood. Now why didn't I just google her name and get the show's name? Sometimes I could just scream.

< loving the doggie pictures >
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2614325;
    I only caught the last 10 minutes so maybe I need to watch the whole thing, but I thought it was awful. I caught it starting while she was at the AA meeting and I just wanted her to shut up.
    I'd give it a go from the beginning first. The part you caught was a part I didn't care for either.

Me too. That AA meeting was the one part of the show that I didn't like and why I said it has some minor issues. Everything else was great and I loved the part where she found the tiny dress and asked if she had a daughter and the way she automatically snapped into her old mean girl role with her comment to the coat girl.

I think how they could extend this story is to eventually have her get her memory back BUT have her decide that she wants to try to keep being a different person... a good person.. and show her struggles with maintaining that. I found it telling that she asked what would people do if they were given the chance to basically redo themselves. Which is why I thought the route they would take is to let her do that when she got her memory back.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2614465;
    Married With Children
    One of the funniest show on TV, Great acting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2613194;
    I plan on watching it because I really like Applegate and Smart and because I'm already tuned into that network for the whole night anyways.
    I wanted to watch this for the same reasons.

HOWEVER, I thought it was just waaayyyyy over the top for most of the show. I know they need to catch our attention and reel us in, but since this is for an adult audience rather than children the manic tempo was unnecessary.

The best parts were when she talked to Tuvok from Voyager playing a doorman, her mother's opening video and her going to the neighbor's apartment rather than her boyfriend's.

I hope they can tone it down in the future eps.

A good episode tonight. There were a few small shaky moments, but overall, I thought it was well done. I think this is a keeper for me, at least until it either gets yanked or starts to really suck.
    I think part of me being so lenient is the fact that I love pretty much the entire cast.

I loved it when the Newfs were licking Samantha's hair when her friend was driving her to the doctor's appointment--I can picture my guys doing something similar. I also like Tim Russ' dry delivery of his lines, which I find similar to his Tuvok character.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast