+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Women's Murder Club- ABC

Re: Women's Murder Club- ABC

Nliedel, sadly, I'm with you. I just couldn't get into this. I'll definately give it another shot though. Maybe its because, like you, I really wanted to love it and was really looking forward to it...

I don't know if it was because I was somewhat distracted with some writing or what, but this episode didn't hold my interest. It was on and I can tell you some bits about the main plot for the episode, but nothing about backstories.

Is this just because I was distracted or was this episode that bad? I really hope not because I'm pulling for this show.

It looks like I'm probably the only one watching so that doesn't seem to bode too well. I have a few questions and it looks like it was probably because I didn't pay enough attention last episode.

What is happening with that serial killer/never been caught case? I didn't understand the importance of her files being given to the FBI.
    Is the case just something that is always in the background (kind of like Life)?

Otherwise, I think this show's hit its stride.

I had the same questions about the files. I had a feeling if I'd read the books I would know what they were talking about. When she was talking to her ex husband she called the case by name and it sounded like the title of a book.

I am also watching. It's not my favorite new show, but I like it well enough to stay with it and hope it isn't cancelled.

I think the files were important to her for a couple of reasons. First, she is highly invested in the case and feels the FBI is taking it away from her. She wants to continue to work the case and needs her files, which is information she personally collected.

I think this case will be ongoing at least through the first season.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

This show is growing on me. I've read all the books but considering what TV does to books I'm not expecting to see the books come completely to life on screen. Claire is one good example - in the books she's always described as obese and much much older (with kids in their 20's). And there's just something about Jill & Cindy that doesn't fit. Angie Harmon seems to be perfect as Lindsay though. So far anyway!

The Kiss-Me-Not killer wasn't in any of the books so reading them won't give an insight into that case.

One question I have is who is that female attorney who seemingly hates Jill? Is that supposed to be Yuki?

Is there anything important about the case I missed two episodes ago? (The second one of the season). For some reason I feel totally lost about this serial killer.

I caught the episode last night, and enjoyed it... I kept meaning to put it on my DVR list, but kept forgetting...

Hopefully, I will get caught up little by little as things unfold further... If not, there's always summer reruns...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

This show is starting to grow on me, I'm keeping up with it because the family likes it better than Moonlight (sad, I need to start DVR'ing that, I really enjoyed the first couple of epi's). I liked Lindsey's possible love interest, was it Simon? Thought he was very cute and he went right along with her "story" to her ex, so I hope to see more of him. I think it's a good Friday night show, but I'm not sure how well it would hold up against some meatier competition. I hope it sticks around on Fridays though!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2633272;
    Is there anything important about the case I missed two episodes ago? (The second one of the season). For some reason I feel totally lost about this serial killer.
    I don't think so, I've seen all the episodes and they haven't given up much:
    - It was the case that cost Lindsay her marriage because she was obsessed with finding the killer
    - They thought they had caught the killer but another victim at the end of an episode proved otherwise
    - The FBI is taking over the case because this last victim was reported missing in another state
    - The FBI have demanded all Lindsay's work on the case and her ex happily handed it off even though most of it was gathered by her during her personal time and with her own money.

That's pretty much it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast