View Poll Results: How was the show?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect, I thought it was hilarious!

6 21.43%
  • It was good; better than most.

7 25.00%
  • It's a mediocre sitcom. Not too impressed.

2 7.14%
  • I hated it!

3 10.71%
  • Didn't watch it.

10 35.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wanda At Large!

Wanda At Large!

Did anyone watch this AWESOME show last night? I had been waiting for this for quite a while and was not let down. I'm a big Wanda Sykes fan from her appearances on Comedy Central Presents and her special "Tongues Untied". I was cracking up through the entire show and can't wait to see it again next week! Great Job Wanda!

I actually did enjoy it. I wonder though how long she can keep it up.

Her voice takes getting used to too

Great comedienne though.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I was taping Fox last night, and made sure the VCR shut off before this crapfest came on, so I wouldn't be subjected to it even by accident.

Of course, I've never been a Wanda Sykes fan at all. It just didn't look funny to me one bit.

I've been wrong before, though.

FORT Fogey

Girlfriend, you are NOT funny!

Posted by John:
    Of course, I've never been a Wanda Sykes fan at all. It just didn't look funny to me one bit.
    I am so with you on that, John. The woman grates on my nerves.

She was on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" last season, and I thought that Larry David was enough of an irritation to put up with and she made things far worse.

No thanks, Wanda, go bother somebody else!

WoW, that's rough . . . Oh, would you mind answering the poll question. But, yeah, it really was funny. But if you're not a fan of Wanda Sykes (how could you not be) then I guess you might not like it.

FORT Fogey
    Sorry levi, just expressing my opinion.

To tell you the truth, I was prepared to like her, because I had seen her do a funny Miss Cleo on The Tonight Show, but I soured on her when she appeared on HBO's "CYE."

Feelings change...

P.S. I was sure Kathy Griffin was the Mole!

FORT Fogey
    I remember her from Curb Your Enthusiam as well and she's, at best, a peripheral character.

To borrow a phrase from one of my favorite John Candy (RIP) movies, The Great Outdoors, Wanda's "high-pitched squeal" way of talking is almost as bad as Fran Drescher's nasal ear-damaging voice.

FOX, why Wanda? Why not bring back Andy Richter, a massively great show???

I wonder.

FORT Fogey

wonder...NOT Wanda!

I am a huge (in mind not in body) Andy Richter fan and in the words of Ken Tucker critic extraordinaire, Entertainment Weekly, "I find it impossible to forgive Fox for not committing to this wonderful show." I think that is almost verbatim.

They keep sticking us with all kinds of lame new shows but nothing compares to the imaginative creative show that ARCTU was.

Here's what Fox is good for: The Simpsons, Malcolm in the Middle, The Bernie Mac Show (most of the time) and American Idol. End of story!

Even Bernie Mac isn't funny any more. First season = hilarifrickinous. This season = preachy and unfunny.

I'm still like Bernie Mac, but only when I happen to catch it. I do think he can be very funny.

I guess Levi and I were the only one's that enjoyed Wanda

I try not to put too much into the first episode of any show. It takes a few shows to "get to know" the characters, so I try to give shows an airing or two.

Having said that I watched about 1/2 an episode of the Julia Louise Dryfus show.... I had no interest in getting to know the characters in that one

Andy's show was funny, but somehow I hardly ever watched it. I don't know what it was up against, but.....
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast