+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast
Like Tree744Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Re: Big Bang Theory

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    It's funny that Amy, who started out as robotic as Sheldon, is now the one who is "humanizing" him the most. Loved the scene where she extracted a real apology from him. Also laughed when Sheldon knocked on her lab door the same as he does on Penny's door. Was kind of hoping, though, that this would be a Valentine's episode.
    Yes, I did notice she seemed less robotic when she was with him and he was warming up a bit too.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Here's my take on Amy: What others are perceiving to be a lesbian crush on Penny I see as the manifestation of the gratitude she feels for a popular girl befriending her - that can be a confusing sensation that feels like love (and may actually be platonic love), but it tends to die down after a while. I think that at Amy's core, she is a regular girl with regular wants and needs, but was blessed and cursed with an extraordinary mind and ordinary looks. Being a teen with that combination would have made her a pariah and she is only now being allowed to blossom with the social life she has always craved. And that humanity is compelling Sheldon, who respects her mind and enjoys her company, to achieve a little humanity of his own.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

That's a really nice analysis, Rattus. It shows what a good show this is, that we can discuss them as real people, not just as sit com stereotypes, especially given what extreme characters they are.
    Katydyd likes this.

I am waiting for the episode in which Howard chooses his best man. I can all ready see the competition, even Sheldon will want the honor and believe he deserves it.
    There's no place like home!

This show is on a night when my DVR is chock full, so I never watched it. But recently, I've been catching the reruns in syndication which prompted me to start watching on On Demand. OMG...I freaking love this show!! I laugh so hard the whole half hour!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I am waiting for the episode in which Howard chooses his best man. I can all ready see the competition, even Sheldon will want the honor and believe he deserves it.
    I think it goes without saying that any title including the word "best" is one Sheldon will feel he is ultimately best suited to fill. However, if Penny is Bernadette's maid of honor, Leonard may feel he should be best man just to be paired with her--which I imagine Penny might prefer to being paired with Sheldon (though that could be very funny, especially if she has to get Sheldon drunk again in order to allow him to give the best man's toast). Of course, the only one it really should be is Raj, because of the Howard/Raj bromance. But would Howard marrying a Catholic girl with a Hindu best man cause the very Jewish Mrs. Wolowitz's head to explode?

Speaking of which, I'm very curious as to how they're going to handle Mrs. Wolowitz's attendance at the wedding. I'd really prefer she remain just a voice, but I can't imagine she wouldn't be there to see her little Howie get married.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I think it goes without saying that any title including the word "best" is one Sheldon will feel he is ultimately best suited to fill. However, if Penny is Bernadette's maid of honor, Leonard may feel he should be best man just to be paired with her--which I imagine Penny might prefer to being paired with Sheldon (though that could be very funny, especially if she has to get Sheldon drunk again in order to allow him to give the best man's toast). Of course, the only one it really should be is Raj, because of the Howard/Raj bromance. But would Howard marrying a Catholic girl with a Hindu best man cause the very Jewish Mrs. Wolowitz's head to explode?

Speaking of which, I'm very curious as to how they're going to handle Mrs. Wolowitz's attendance at the wedding. I'd really prefer she remain just a voice, but I can't imagine she wouldn't be there to see her little Howie get married.
    I agree, I am having trouble imagining how they will do that...maybe she will be hospitalized, with something not life threatening so the ceremony goes on, and she's there via some kind of Skype breakdown, where she can see but not be seen, but can be heard.

FORT Fogey

I could see her calling out "I object" when the rabbi/priest/justice of the peace (I'm not sure who--or which combination thereof--will be marrying them) asks "Does anyone have any reason why these two people should not be joined in marriage?" and Howard screaming back, "MAAAAA!" Or maybe she could just be in the kitchen loudly harassing the caterers about the food ("You call that a buffet? Where's the brisket?!")

Do you suppose it would be possible for Sheldon to be properly authorized to marry them? I know you can get ordained, so to speak, over the internet, but I can't picture Sheldon going along with that, given his feelings about organized religion. But can you imagine control freak Sheldon being in charge of a wedding? Yikes.

Hmm...maybe if he could be made an honorary Starfleet captain...I'm pretty sure Captain Kirk once married a couple on the original Start Trek series. I know he'd much rather be chief science officer, but I don't think Mr. Spock ever performed a marriage ceremony.

I have seen pics of Carol Ann Susi (the voice) and in some of the characters makeup she could pass as a good person to actually portray his mother.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

But I think actually seeing Mrs. Wolowitz ruins the gag that we never see her. Kind of like Norm's wife Vera on Cheers or the next door neighbor on Home Improvement. I like her being just that loud, grating voice screaming out completely inappropriate things. Just think of the myriad of inappropriate things that could be called out during a wedding!

+ Reply to Thread