+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 187 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140 ... LastLast
Like Tree698Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Big Bang Theory

I agree, he's getting better looking, which makes Amy FF's willilngness to be his girlfriend a little more understandable. But it is removing him a little from the Sheldon-ness of Sheldon, who looked kind of like a praying mantis. Either the actor is physically maturing still in some way or he's working out some in preparation for the day TBBT ends. Or he wants to do something else in the summers than go to comic book and science fiction conventions (as Sheldon, I mean, for the fans of TBBT, not because he necessarily enjoys them).

He did Broadway last summer and maybe Jim Parsons has been hitting the gym to garner other parts.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

As stated further up the thread, he is going to be playing Elwood P Dodd in Harvey this summer on Broadway. I am sure with night after night at the theater he has to be in shape.
    There's no place like home!

He also did The Normal Heart on Broadway last year with Lee Pace, which is a very demanding role as all theater really is, so I'd guess he probably got into quite good shape for that. As mentioned above, he'll also be doing a revival of Harvey pretty soon. Doing theater takes a whole lot of energy. I also read that he'll be in the movie version of The Normal Heart, which is currently in pre-production.

Surprisingly, to me at least, Jim Parsons is only about a year away from 40.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    He also did The Normal Heart on Broadway last year with Lee Pace, which is a very demanding role as all theater really is, so I'd guess he probably got into quite good shape for that. As mentioned above, he'll also be doing a revival of Harvey pretty soon. Doing theater takes a whole lot of energy. I also read that he'll be in the movie version of The Normal Heart, which is currently in pre-production.

Surprisingly, to me at least, Jim Parsons is only about a year away from 40.
    He looks good for 40.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

His haircut (and clothes of course) give him a more "childlike" look---I'm guessing on Broadway he might look quite different. But in reality even if they skipped a few grades, all of these guys should be in their 30's on the show, in character. They aren't grad students any more, they have jobs.

LOL at Sheldon fainting at the sight of blood, not once but twice.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    LOL at Sheldon fainting at the sight of blood, not once but twice.
    That was so funny. Cute episode.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I love that Amy respects him as a physicist but is equally confident of her own field, and its value---and of the fact that you can't learn it overnight just because you are a brilliant physicist. They are a great pair.
    Florimel and libgirl2 like this.

FORT Fogey

It's funny that Amy, who started out as robotic as Sheldon, is now the one who is "humanizing" him the most. Loved the scene where she extracted a real apology from him. Also laughed when Sheldon knocked on her lab door the same as he does on Penny's door. Was kind of hoping, though, that this would be a Valentine's episode.
    Arielflies likes this.

+ Reply to Thread