+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 187 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136186 ... LastLast
Like Tree695Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Re: Big Bang Theory

I think the casting of all the parents has been fantastic and a wonderful addition to the show. However, I did read someone's suggestion elsewhere that Bebe Neuwirth would have been a great casting choice for Amy's mother, and I agree.
    Katydyd and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I really liked last night's episode too - but it probably helps if you're a Leonard/Penny fan I thought it was pretty funny that in Leonard's over-thinking of the situation it was AFF who was the one upset about not being asked to double date, but in reality it turned out Bernadette was the one feeling left out. I liked the premise and thought it was pretty clever too. I definitely didn't see it coming. Though actually, I was glad it turned out to be Leonard over analyzing. As a L/P fan, I don't want to see them get back together only to fight all the time!
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I think the casting of all the parents has been fantastic and a wonderful addition to the show. However, I did read someone's suggestion elsewhere that Bebe Neuwirth would have been a great casting choice for Amy's mother, and I agree.
    Yes, she would be perfect with her "Lilith" voice and attitude.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    As far as last night - I actually liked it in that you could see they still care for each other. It had some of the BEST lines! Sheldon: "Leonard, please don't have an on again/off again relationship with the next waitress.....I'm hungry". and Sheldon: "Live Long and Suck it, Zachary Quinto". LMAO!!!
    I thought Raj's lines about Leonard defiling his sister were hilarious, too.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I thought it was pretty funny that in Leonard's over-thinking of the situation it was AFF who was the one upset about not being asked to double date, but in reality it turned out Bernadette was the one feeling left out. I liked the premise and thought it was pretty clever too. I definitely didn't see it coming.
    I was the same way. Even after it was revealed that it was Leonard over-thinking things - I was confused. I didn't think the transition was as clear as it could have been.

I agree. I totally went along with the story as a "real" time happening and ZAP! I also agree that Sheldon had some funny lines - but, while I agree with him about Wil Wheaton, I really liked Zachary Quinto's Spock. Yes, I know - Sheldon is old school.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2 View Post
    I was the same way. Even after it was revealed that it was Leonard over-thinking things - I was confused. I didn't think the transition was as clear as it could have been.
    ?? Did I miss something? What I thought I saw was just that S and AFF had been the ones to double date and so B was upset...but not what I would call a transition...just that it was a little later in the story.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    ?? Did I miss something? What I thought I saw was just that S and AFF had been the ones to double date and so B was upset...but not what I would call a transition...just that it was a little later in the story.
    I meant the transition from Leonard's over-thinking to "real life." I was confused when they went back to Leonard and Sheldon in the hallway.

FORT Fogey

I was confused for a second, but then I realized that Leonard had just imagined the whole thing. He was afraid to be totally spontaneous, so even thinking about asking Penny out like that triggered a whole awkward scenario in his mind. Interesting, though, that he went ahead anyway and asked her. Growth!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Oh, wow, now I get it....I totally missed that.... Duh...

+ Reply to Thread