+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 192 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173 ... LastLast
Like Tree744Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Re: Big Bang Theory

Another recommendation: If you are looking for currently running shows, I highly recommend Raising Hope, which airs on FOX on the sporadic Wednesday night after Glee. I was initially hesitant to watch it because I had ended up taking a real dislike to My Name is Earl (same creator, Greg Garcia), but it is hilarious and has a fantastic cast headed by Garret Dillahunt (awesome) and Martha Plimpton (equally awesome).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

So agree with you Rattus - I just found this around Christmas time and can't get enough of Raising Hope. It has been on every Tuesday night @ 10, sometimes 10:30 (but now Traffic Light holds that spot) and I've found it on Wed and the occasional Thursday (but that's in Canada and they're always old repeats, which is good, since I haven't seen them)

Garret and Martha are absolutely amazing, not to mention Ms. Chloris Leechman - superb!!

And that baby - oh, that baby!!! She gets the perfect facial expressions!
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Maybe his mental offspring! As in, they are working on some project together, or he gave her an idea for an experiment during his ramblings.
    Click to see Spoiler:

apparently Amy and Sheldon test their friends ability to keep secrets by spreading lies
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

There's another new show starting tonight on Fox that might fill the bill. It's a workplace comedy called Breaking In starring Christian Slater and Bret Harrison. The premise reminds me a bit of the movie, Sneakers, with this group of techies hired by companies, banks, museums, government, etc., to test their security and find the flaws.FOX Broadcasting Company - Breaking In TV Show - Breaking In TV Series - Breaking In Episode Guide

I'm going to watch the opening episode for sure.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:

apparently Amy and Sheldon test their friends ability to keep secrets by spreading lies
    Yup, that's what it was..... We never did find out yet why the one guy was on the verge of being dropped....

You mean Bernadette breaking up with Howard? I didn't think it was gossip - because that's was when Shamy thought up the idea of testing them.

Penny had all ready told Amy about Bernadette breaking up with Howard when Shamy decided to test others. It was funny because if you think about it, that is how it really goes in the "real" world.
    There's no place like home!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    You mean Bernadette breaking up with Howard? I didn't think it was gossip - because that's was when Shamy thought up the idea of testing them.
    Yes, that's what I meant... I was trying to be a little vague for those who hadn't watched as it was still a bit early. That was gossip---gossip can be true after all....that occurred before Shamy had their idea. But right up until the end we are led to believe that B would dump H when he proposed, and then she says yes.... so why was she going to dump him, as she'd told Penny? Did I miss something? Maybe she was going to dump him because the relationship wasn't "progressing"?

I meant that it wasn't made up gossip.

I'd like to know the same thing - I hope we do find out why she was going to dump him and then accepted his proposal.

For me, until I watch a show I stay out of threads, like Criminal Minds - I haven't watched it yet, so I stay out, since once a show airs it's no longer considered a spoiler (to me anyway)

Howard started his proposal with, "I know we've had some problems..." I think it was Bernadette telling Penny that she and Howard were having problems, not that she was going to dump him, that started the snowball.

This was a delicious episode - Shamy at their trying to be human best.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread