+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 284 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172 ... LastLast
Like Tree1659Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Big Bang Theory

THere's really nothing like TBBT, but The Office, although it has tailed off a bit is pretty good in the same kind of humor that comes from the characters. It takes a couple of episodes to get into it....my initial response to the lead character was to hate him...but eventually, hard as it is to believe at first, you will grow to love him.... and find him amusing very shortly....and of course Jim...well, yum. It's also very much an ensemble show like TBBT, even if one or two are more "stars" than others.

And speaking of TBBT, I watched the rerun tonight of Sheldon's "girlfriend" discovering sexual urges...still so funny. And the last moment when she holds Sheldon's hand as an experiment...priceless.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    ... Sheldon's "girlfriend" discovering sexual urges....
    "Hoo..."

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter View Post
    Now, here's the problem. We'd like to find something else to watch together. But we're having a really difficult time finding something we'd enjoy as much. Any recommendations?
    Mr. Rattus and I just watched season one of Party Down as his birthday movie and we will be watching season two later in the month as my birthday movie. Freakin' hilarious. I have been wanting to recommend it to someone but didn't know where, so thanks for asking . It stars Adam Scott (now on Parks & Rec [also excellent]), Lizzie Caplan (The Class), Ken Marino & Ryan Hansen (Veronica Mars), Martin Starr (Freaks & Geeks - also highly recommmended though not an actual sitcom), and the fantastic Jane Lynch in season 1 with Megan Mulllaly taking her place in season 2. It was created and written by Rob Thomas of Veronica Mars, Paul Rudd and a couple of other people I can't recall off the top of my head.
    And so it begins, the end of times..

Now that I'm liking AFF more, I enjoyed last night's repeat more than I did the first time.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Did I see on the previews that Sheldon's girlfriend is pregnant???
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Did I see on the previews that Sheldon's girlfriend is pregnant???
    What??? Is this an immaculate conception or did I miss something along the line??? Oh wait, or did you mean the actress is pregnant?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    What??? Is this an immaculate conception or did I miss something along the line??? Oh wait, or did you mean the actress is pregnant?
    No, the character. I swear I heard her say that she is going to have Sheldon's offspring
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    No, the character. I swear I heard her say that she is going to have Sheldon's offspring
    Maybe his mental offspring! As in, they are working on some project together, or he gave her an idea for an experiment during his ramblings.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter View Post
    Now, here's the problem. We'd like to find something else to watch together. But we're having a really difficult time finding something we'd enjoy as much. Any recommendations?
    Have you ever seen "My Name is Earl"? I had never seen it until recently when I ran across it on late night tv, and it's hilarious! You have to find the whole red-neck thing funny. Since I grew up in California and then moved to Texas, it is super funny to me. It takes a season or so to get the character's developed, but then it's great.

Another recommendation, very "out there", is a show called "Corner Gas". It is a Canadian sit-com that was really really popular in Canada. It used to be on in the middle of the night here, but we ended up getting all 6 seasons on dvd because our whole family loved it. It is very sarcastic and dry humor, but very funny. Again, it takes a season for the character's to develop, but I think all good sit-coms are like that.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Including the above mentioned Parks and Recreation... also good show that takes a while to get off the ground.

+ Reply to Thread