+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 200 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171 ... LastLast
Like Tree808Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Re: Big Bang Theory

you'd like Leonard to get rid of Pria or you'd like Sheldon to get rid of her, cuz really, I think Sheldon forcing her out would be funnier
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    you'd like Leonard to get rid of Pria or you'd like Sheldon to get rid of her, cuz really, I think Sheldon forcing her out would be funnier
    Hahaha....now that is an idea
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bros before h.......my sister......
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Loved Penny's exhibit of how they end a quest in Nebraska. I kind of agree that Pria is a weak link; she's just not all that likable. I think that Pria is a vehicle to bring Leonard and Penny back together for a while as I suspect their relationship will be on again, off again, through the life the series.

Mayim Bialik is a wonderful addition to the show. Her performance is spot on and she's hysterically funny. Perfect casting, IMO.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm liking the trio of girls, even if they are unlikely companions for Penny. It took them both awhile to hit their stride, but they're there now and they amuse me.

Now, that said the MMORPG storyline gave me flashbacks I never wanted (I was the only female computer science major in college... I think that says enough.)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers View Post
    I'm liking the trio of girls, even if they are unlikely companions for Penny. It took them both awhile to hit their stride, but they're there now and they amuse me.

Now, that said the MMORPG storyline gave me flashbacks I never wanted (I was the only female computer science major in college... I think that says enough.)
    Totally agree about the trio of girlfriends (and exes)---they are beginning to rival the guys even if they only met due to the guys.
    Someday I'd like to see Raj speak, sober, to Penny and realize she has become "one of the guys" and that it is possible for him to speak to a woman who is not a relative while sober. Then we could move into him finding a friend woman who becomes a girlfriend for him as well.

I love the 3 girl friends too....and can see how Pria would never fit in with them.

I think more and more Penny realizes how much she misses being with Leonard...and that she did love him...but just wasn't able to express it. Now of course she thinks it's too late.

They are 'meant to be'...and it will be pretty funny watching them get there.

What a great cast.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Totally agree about the trio of girlfriends (and exes)---they are beginning to rival the guys even if they only met due to the guys.
    Someday I'd like to see Raj speak, sober, to Penny and realize she has become "one of the guys" and that it is possible for him to speak to a woman who is not a relative while sober. Then we could move into him finding a friend woman who becomes a girlfriend for him as well.
    I just want that - that schtick is overdone. He did it once when he didn't realize Penny was in the room.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    If you are a Netflix customer, they have the earlier season for rent. You know how they send you the full season in four or five discs. After starting to watch for real half way through last year, I rented season one, then season two. By the time you get through the first disc, you will have the theme song memorized.
    I actually meant we have watched EVERY episode now, from the pilot through the 18th episode of the current season.

Watching the 19th episode tonight. Then just one more before we'll be very, very sad.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Well, just finished watching the 2nd to the last episode of this season.

As I said in a previous post, a couple months ago or less, I gave in to a very slight curiosity about this show and decided to watch it from the Pilot through today. My husband was less interested than I was, but he watched it with me.

We ended up watching every episode at the rate of 3 or more episodes per night and are now caught up. TBBT is probably now at the top of our list of favorite TV shows we've ever watched.

How addicted did we become? My husband bought me a t-shirt with the "Soft Kitty" song and a cat on the front. And I have sung the song to myself when having trouble falling asleep at night. I can also rattle off the rules of Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.

THAT addicted.

Now, here's the problem. We'd like to find something else to watch together. But we're having a really difficult time finding something we'd enjoy as much. Any recommendations?

We grew up on sitcoms, but in recent years, have come to find them, for the most part, tedious, unfunny, and uninteresting. I think the 80's and 90's burned us out through shows like "Who's the Boss" and "Full House." Neither of us were into "Friends" and I only drummed up a passing interest in Seinfeld that was pretty mild.

I'm thinking about trying The Office. We both LOVE Steve Carrell, yet oddly enough have never watched so much as a single episode of the show.

We tried How I Met Your Mother and really didn't like it. We didn't laugh at all, and gave up after 3 episodes.

I've tried to get my husband into Monty Python. But he doesn't get a lot of the historical references that "make" some of the jokes. Some of the drier bits just go over his head.

I really don't like animated shows like Family Guy. They tend to be edited much too herky-jerky, and the jokes are too fast and get me a bit hyper. We watch shows together to RELAX at the end of the day. Funny is good. Hyper is not.

I welcome any suggestions. I can obtain just about any show that's been made available by VHS, DVD or otherwise. So we can go quite a ways back in time since a lot of classic sitcoms have been released on DVD.

+ Reply to Thread