+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 195 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Re: Big Bang Theory

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3723094;
    Oh I agree, a lot of it is acting, the nerdy mannerisms (pushing your glasses up over your nose vs. using the earpiece, etc.), the voice, etc., but I think make up helps some as well....
    Yes, I think the make up enhances the acting for a overall nerdy look, but he certainly looks good without that makeup. A good case for not overdoing the makeup.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

OK, so I watched it again last night, and what struck me as atypical is that Penny was really being OTT annoying. I'd be annoyed too, if I woke up to my roommate's significant other blaring Shania Twain (if it *woke* me up on a Saturday morning at 8, which is when Sheldon eats his breakfast, I'd make Sheldon look like a saint by comparison) and making a mess of the kitchen, and I'd be annoyed about someone standing right outside my door having an unbelievably shrill, top volume conversation while I was trying to watch tv. Usually, Sheldon's being uppity and set in his ways, but this time, she was doing stuff that a reasonable person could find annoying. And she's usually not like that, so perhaps that's what rang false in the episode for me.

As for Johnny Galecki, gotta say, whether dressed as Leonard or not, he's just not my type.

I think this might have been my favorite episode so far this season. The Eye of the Tiger sequences were hilarious. The Sheldon-Raj pairing was great, and I actually felt really sad for Howard when he lost his best friend to Sheldon (and, creepy though I assume it was, when he went way overboard on breakfast and they kicked him out... he was trying so hard).

Ok, I don't know why it struck me as funny, but Sheldon and Leonard of course have their dry erase boards at home-- definitely caught sight of a chalkboard at Raj's.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 10-12-2009 at 11:23 PM.

I want to know how Raj did that with his fingers. I could not figure it out.
    There's no place like home!

hands flat together like praying, shift so the 2 middle fingers are touching but not flat against each other.
    Bend both middle fingers and turn the hands fingers to wrist - with one hands fingers going under the other palm.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

This will drive me nuts today. I have a feeling I will be like Sheldon but I will practice.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3726403;
    hands flat together like praying, shift so the 2 middle fingers are touching but not flat against each other.
    Bend both middle fingers and turn the hands fingers to wrist - with one hands fingers going under the other palm.
    Excellent description! I wonder how many of us were wiggling our fingers as we watched? Definitely me!

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3726403;
    the right hand should be a little closer to you than the left - so looking at it, when you bend the middle fingers, the right one should be in front of the left one. Then twist the right one back, and the left one forward.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

It really is simple to do but I laughed so hard watching the show last night.
    Great descriptions, for me, I just put both hands in prayer, bend the center finger of both hands and wiggle them, then twist the hands sideways.

Great show, and I am glad Penny and Leonard shared their time with poor, lonely Sheldon. I felt sorry for him, and he was so excited about making them breakfast.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Ok I finally figured it out. I was trying to make it way too complicated. It must be because I have a brillant mind like Sheldon

+ Reply to Thread