+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1592Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Re: Big Bang Theory

Can't wait for this season to end. It's been abysmal. Won't be tuning in next season. I've lost all interest in this show.
    I've read that they're making a show about Sheldon as child??? Ugh...won't be tuning in for that either. His character is annoying as hell. I can't stand how rude & insensitive his character is. Why would anyone put up with that as a "friend"? All he does is take, take, take, & insult his friends & acts like they're privileged to drive him around with no notice & rearrange their schedules for him. Sorry, but he rubs me up & down the wrong way so bad! I don't find him to be an endearing character at all. I can't imagine an entire show centered on him. Kill me. The only character I like less than Sheldon is Bernadette. She's beyond obnoxious.
    billca and jenniferboston1 like this.

They were recently renewed for additional two years. Hopefully, they cast will begin saving their money for their future. ITA about Bernadette. She's become a total shrew.
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    They were recently renewed for additional two years. Hopefully, they cast will begin saving their money for their future. ITA about Bernadette. She's become a total shrew.
    I hope the writers can come up with some really fresh story lines for the next two years. I don't know what else they can do with these characters, and I'd hate for the show to go out on a low note.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    Can't wait for this season to end. It's been abysmal. Won't be tuning in next season. I've lost all interest in this show.
    I've read that they're making a show about Sheldon as child??? Ugh...won't be tuning in for that either. His character is annoying as hell. I can't stand how rude & insensitive his character is. Why would anyone put up with that as a "friend"? All he does is take, take, take, & insult his friends & acts like they're privileged to drive him around with no notice & rearrange their schedules for him. Sorry, but he rubs me up & down the wrong way so bad! I don't find him to be an endearing character at all. I can't imagine an entire show centered on him. Kill me. The only character I like less than Sheldon is Bernadette. She's beyond obnoxious.
    I think this show jumped the shark years ago. I used to love it, but haven't really watched it in a long time. When I do put it on, it's just bad. I really think shows should leave when they're still good and leave us wanting more instead of leaving us wondering why the heck we watched it in the first place.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

"Rejoice! Mayim Bialik, Melissa Rauch reach 'Big Bang Theory' deals"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...als/101050546/
    KAREN

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Fun with Flags....nothing came out of that story line except Bert calling about his gold digger girlfriend and that was a major stretch for any kind of amusement.

But even worse....B. yelling at the baby!!!! Of all the people who wrote and filmed that scene.....nobody thought that it was inappropriate and NOTHING that anybody would find funny. We always knew she did not like kids so making her pregant was a meh kind of story line. I don't think anybody is loving the thought that B is going to be an impatient, screaming mother....sort of how she is with everybody else.
    I thought the writers were pointing out Howard married his Mom. lol
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

FORT Fogey

We've already seen Bernie act and scream like Howards mother....at him. Screaming at a child just wasn't funny...no matter what they were "trying" to show.
    jenniferboston1 and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

I like the Bert character. I thought the most recent episode with Penny's ex was better than some of the other ones lately, not that that is saying much though.

Did her ex actually have a fiancée? When she didn't show up for the double date, I assumed he made her up, but then there was the bit about her not approving of Penny working for him. I'm confused.
    One of my favorite storyline plot points was when Penny went back with him but then realized she couldn't go back to stupid.
    But now we know she's not happy at her job, so I wonder where she'll go from here? I'll probably get piled on for this, but I'd actually like her to get pregnant and enjoy motherhood in contrast to Bernadette. I know that veers the show away from its origins but they're already all paired off. I'd like to see Sheldon interact with a baby, maybe even like it. Take on the role of Uncle Sheldon and try to teach it things that are wildly, and inappropriately beyond its developmental abilities. It could bring Penny and L. closer together and be a reason to curb her alcohol. We'd see more of Leonard's mom, which I always enjoy. Maybe she'd see L. being a good father and have an epiphany. Or maybe he'd struggle with tendencies he learned with her as a role model. Sheldon's mom would be a good foil. Amy would be the odd girl out again. They could still do work-centric episodes that didn't focus on babies. Raj and Stewart could both babysit when the core group wants to do something.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Ugh once again an episode showing Leonard & penny don't belong together. I hope the writers step it up soon
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread