+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1588Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Re: Big Bang Theory

Tired of the P & L relationship as well. When they're in their 50's, would it still be why did the geeky scientist marry the beautiful girl? Maybe mix it up a little. I know L kissed a cute (I think cute) girl on his long adventure, but maybe have someone hotter than Penny be attracted to Leonard. I don't know....I did enjoy the Sheldon and Amy interactions. Different topic, I can't believe we'll never see baby Halley!
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

Raj did the same thing when he lived with Bernadette and Howard back in the day.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Last night's episode was really boring. I found myself not paying attention at all. The writers better step it up or they are going to lose a lot of fans
    This season has been very lackluster for me. I'll go without watching it for weeks at a time (but is on a season pass still, so it'll just sit on my DVR till I'm bored enough to watch it) & then I when I do watch, I can't wait for the episode to be over. I'm already gonna peace out on next season. I'm so over it.

FORT Fogey

I think they have been outsmarted by their popularity. The show has gone on too long and they have no where to go with the story lines.

They still play the same games, still do take out and wear the same type of clothing they did at the start of the show . They have not grown up.

I think this show has "jumped the shark". The writers just don't seem to care anymore. They could have had so much fun turning Sheldon into a sexbot! Or making Raj gay. It just isn't interesting anymore.

I don't think it's jumped the shark, but I do agree they could write a little more edge into it. I think Amy and Sheldon are on a good trajectory, especially given how they started out. I'd like to see Leonard grow in confidence. Now he has Penny, maybe he could be honored at work somehow. Playing third wheel to Penny and Raj is a step back. It would be awesome if his mom came for a visit and laid some truth on the situation in his favor for a change. There was a similar situation in 2 1/2 Men when Alan did girlfriend stuff with Charlie's girlfriend and Charlie cut him out by stepping up the sex. I'd like some sort of big win for Stuart (lottery?) that would remove him as nanny and then Bernadette and Howard would have to figure out parenting on their own. In old episodes Bernadette didn't want kids.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I love the idea of Stuart winning the lottery! He could open up a chain of comic book stores and have cameos (like Walking Dead actors) appear in episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I don't think it's jumped the shark, but I do agree they could write a little more edge into it. I think Amy and Sheldon are on a good trajectory, especially given how they started out. I'd like to see Leonard grow in confidence. Now he has Penny, maybe he could be honored at work somehow. Playing third wheel to Penny and Raj is a step back. It would be awesome if his mom came for a visit and laid some truth on the situation in his favor for a change. There was a similar situation in 2 1/2 Men when Alan did girlfriend stuff with Charlie's girlfriend and Charlie cut him out by stepping up the sex. I'd like some sort of big win for Stuart (lottery?) that would remove him as nanny and then Bernadette and Howard would have to figure out parenting on their own. In old episodes Bernadette didn't want kids.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

FORT Fogey

I had DVR'd the epi and just watched it. Geesh, they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for story lines. How long can they go on with the Raj-Penny-Leonard relationship dynamic? Not long, I hope. I didn't find the A & S segments that funny or interesting, either, and actually found myself zoning out when they were scientifically analyzing their white board scribblings. Hope the writers are hard at work coming up with some much better material for next season.
    AmyKay likes this.

FORT Fogey

Fun with Flags....nothing came out of that story line except Bert calling about his gold digger girlfriend and that was a major stretch for any kind of amusement.

But even worse....B. yelling at the baby!!!! Of all the people who wrote and filmed that scene.....nobody thought that it was inappropriate and NOTHING that anybody would find funny. We always knew she did not like kids so making her pregant was a meh kind of story line. I don't think anybody is loving the thought that B is going to be an impatient, screaming mother....sort of how she is with everybody else.

Oh yay, more shots about why Penny and Leonard are together. It's really getting tiresome to watch, but then they have a solid gold line or two.
    Wag more, bark less

+ Reply to Thread