+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1592Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Big Bang Theory

Big Bang, unlike most series on TV, does not plot out its arcs and seasons ahead of time - the writers take it episode by episode.
    This is from the article and explains a lot about how some episodes make sense and others don't.

I'll look forward to this spinoff - it has strong series backers and interesting concept.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Poor Raj, getting pushed back and forth between staying with L&P and H&B ... but I wonder why someone with what we can assume is a good job by virtue of his PhD and stable employment in a technical/scientific field can't afford *any* apartment of his own? Maybe because it's California, and he's the only one of the guys who isn't living with a roommate (girlfriend who presumably is sharing rent) or in a house inherited from his mom. However, come to think of it, Penny was paying rent on her own when she was just a waitress, and it never looked like Raj's apartment was palatial or anything.
    it doesn't make any sense at all - if his father was paying all his expenses, what has he been doing with his paycheque all this time..?? And it's not like he had to move out his apt the moment his father cut him off ---- just like the time Howard had a fit about the power going out at his mother's house (after she died) and was afraid all the food in the freezer was going to rot in 1 day.....

Oh well - it's a sitcom and it still makes me smile and laugh. Many others don't.
    Gutmutter and AlwaysVeg like this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I think Penny having an apartment to herself was the thing that wasn't realistic.
    At least her storyline reflected that she really had very little money, mooching food & internet off the guys, having a beater for a car and selling her underwear to Raj and Howard when she needed to pay Sheldon back for a loan she took from him. etc.....
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

I wonder what the average salary is for Raj's profession in that area of California. Seems to me he'd be able to afford at the least, a nominal apartment. The writers need to crank it up a few notches. Definitely not laugh out loud funny anymore. To me! 😂
    holly71 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "A goal without a timeline is simply a dream" Robert Herjavec

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    I wonder what the average salary is for Raj's profession in that area of California. Seems to me he'd be able to afford at the least, a nominal apartment. The writers need to crank it up a few notches. Definitely not laugh out loud funny anymore. To me! 
    That's what I'm saying. Even though it's "just a comedy," it could have been written a little better to make more sense. Raj said his father was paying his rent, his credit cards, and something else ... was it his car? Those are all the major expenses most single people have, so what else did he have to pay for himself ... food? If someone else is paying off your credit cards, conceivably you could have no other expenses! LOL, I wish someone would pay off *my* credit cards. I guess I'll just have to accept that they needed a story line for Raj, and this is what they came up with. Maybe they'll come up with some funnier bits around Raj living with P&L, although living with Sheldon offers more comedic possibilities.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

I find the choice of Raj living with P&L interesting --- only because it reminds me that Raj and Penny came thisclose to sleeping together a few seasons ago. And even though it wasn't a secret, it reminds me of when Penny and Leonard eloped and L confessed to kissing someone when he was away on work (on the ship I think) and Penny was beyond pissed - did she forget about her little tryst with Raj?
    Arielflies likes this.

She and L weren't together when that happened but they were when his kiss did.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Last night's episode was really boring. I found myself not paying attention at all. The writers better step it up or they are going to lose a lot of fans
    holly71 likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

I watched on one of the rare occasions of watching and found the Amy/Sheldon bits to be cute and funny. The rest of the story line with Raj surpassing Leonard as an appendage to Penny was disheartening and boring.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Yet again the writers continue to attack the P/L relationship. L was utterly pathetic and sad.....yet he is the most decent of all the characters.

To have just the two story lines was very telling with S/A having fun together and P/L not.
    Gutmutter likes this.

+ Reply to Thread