+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 222 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast
Like Tree1003Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Re: Big Bang Theory

I was never into the penny leonard thing anyways, leonard is my least favorite character
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

My favorite line last night....
    Leonard: You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar
    Sheldon: You can catch more with manure.
    There's no place like home!

Leonard is my least favorite as well, and I don't see an ounce of romantic chemistry between Penny and Leonard, but I could get on board for a little while if they showed them trying to adapt to each others' environments-- meeting Penny's friends/family, or Penny accompanying Leonard to a physics department party, things like that. It's more interesting and funny when you throw challenging situations at the characters and see how they react.

Though, for a premise that could have been incredibly funny, the execution (in terms of the story they came up with) seemed weak to me. Was it me, or did they dumb down Penny last night? For awhile, I thought she was drunk.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3720331;
    Leonard is my least favorite as well, and I don't see an ounce of romantic chemistry between Penny and Leonard, but I could get on board for a little while if they showed them trying to adapt to each others' environments-- meeting Penny's friends/family, or Penny accompanying Leonard to a physics department party, things like that. It's more interesting and funny when you throw challenging situations at the characters and see how they react.

Though, for a premise that could have been incredibly funny, the execution (in terms of the story they came up with) seemed weak to me. Was it me, or did they dumb down Penny last night? For awhile, I thought she was drunk.
    Penny's IQ seems to go up and down like a yo yo....

I agree that Leonard is the weakest character by far. I don't see chemistry between him and Penny, nor did I see it with Leslie or with Sarah Rue's character. Johnny Galecki is, to me, not nearly as good an actor as the rest of them.

I think Sean Astin, who is only two years older than Jim Parsons and four years older than Galecki, would have been brilliant in that role, something like what he did as Twoflower in The Colour of Magic.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3720331;
    {snip}Was it me, or did they dumb down Penny last night? For awhile, I thought she was drunk.
    Penny doesn't need to be dumbed down... dear heavens she IS dumb

And for the record, leave my Leonard alone - I love that character!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I find it interesting when people say there is no onscreen chemistry (which I don't disagree with) because in real life they are a couple. Johnny has the ability to really look unattractive in his portrayal, and yet in real life he is a good looking guy. I wonder if the reason Penny and Leonard don't have that onscreen chem is because he looks so unattractive? Doesn't the audience have to be rooting for it in order for us to feel the chemistry?
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." – Sense and Sensibility

Premium Member

A tad off topic:

My daughter has some of the "tatt sleves" - and they are awesome. She can pull it off, though, whereas I'd have to wear sleve garters, since my arms are too skinny. And then there is the issue of the "elbow nipples" I'd have to deal with.

Also, I didn't know that Penny and Leonard are a couple off screen! How precious is that!

I want the tattoo sleeves. I will be ordering them.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3720717;
    I find it interesting when people say there is no onscreen chemistry (which I don't disagree with) because in real life they are a couple. Johnny has the ability to really look unattractive in his portrayal, and yet in real life he is a good looking guy. I wonder if the reason Penny and Leonard don't have that onscreen chem is because he looks so unattractive? Doesn't the audience have to be rooting for it in order for us to feel the chemistry?
    wow - didn't know they were a real life couple.......

Galecki will always be Darlene's boyfriend to me - it just seems like Leonard is an extension of David.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread