+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 207 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree867Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Big Bang Theory

I didn't realize how starved I was for new episodes of this show! It's so freakin' funny! I must have had 3-4 gut-busting laughs last night! We kept having to pause the show and/or rewind to hear what we missed due to our laughing. Wolowitz DID look like he belonged in Toy Story!

I watched it twice. I admit it. And I'll probably watch it again tonight. To borrow a line from Wolowitz (and Penny) in an earlier episode, I would compare Leonard last night to "a feminine cleansing product that one might use on a summer's eve"/"and the bag it came in." Sheldon's personality quirks, and the things he insists on are one thing, but to mess with his professional life in that way is another thing entirely and for Leonard to be so dismissive was pretty lousy, Penny or no Penny.

So many great moments-- Sheldon's mom was hilarious, the scene in Sheldon's bedroom was great... methinks they were trying to give Jim Parsons an Emmy submission tape for next year in which the episode revolved around Sheldon, and in which JP was able to show range. "The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis" is one of my favorites, and the last five minutes are sidesplittingly funny, but the gift exchange plot was decidedly the "B" story for that episode.

"I'll just stay here trying to teach evolution to creationists"
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3709175;
    I watched it twice. I admit it. And I'll probably watch it again tonight. To borrow a line from Wolowitz (and Penny) in an earlier episode, I would compare Leonard last night to "a feminine cleansing product that one might use on a summer's eve"/"and the bag it came in." Sheldon's personality quirks, and the things he insists on are one thing, but to mess with his professional life in that way is another thing entirely and for Leonard to be so dismissive was pretty lousy, Penny or no Penny.
    I agree that Leonard was very wrong, and I was surprised Penny still wanted him after learning about it. But maybe he snapped since Sheldon was being a dictater?

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3709175;
    So many great moments-- Sheldon's mom was hilarious, the scene in Sheldon's bedroom was great... methinks they were trying to give Jim Parsons an Emmy submission tape for next year in which the episode revolved around Sheldon, and in which JP was able to show range. "The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis" is one of my favorites, and the last five minutes are sidesplittingly funny, but the gift exchange plot was decidedly the "B" story for that episode.
    OMG - that gift exchange scene was one of the funniest I've ever seen. There is a good E!Online article (not sure if it's OK to link to it) about the BBT cast being at Comic-Con this year. A fan asked a question, then followed up with a request for Jim Parsons to use his napkin so he could grow his own Jim for his little sister. Kaley Cuoco wiped Jim's brow with the napkin and gave it to the fan!

I guess I can agree that Leonard and friends were wrong, but can you picture being isolated in an arctic environment for three months with Sheldon? Cabin fever comes to mind as a distinct possibility. And I think Leonard was so overwhelmed at the idea that he and Penny were actually going to get together drove all else from his mind. He pretty much always puts Sheldon's needs before his own, but this time he just couldn't.

Loved the show and the scenes with Laurie Metcalfe were terrific. The parents of these guys add so much character and enrichment to the show. I love the epsidoes that feature any of them.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I can totally understand why Leonard and the boys screwed up his tests. I can imagine Sheldon was totally out there and harping and bam....they were going to kill him and eat him.
    But it is ok....Jesus still loves them
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3709579;
    I guess I can agree that Leonard and friends were wrong, but can you picture being isolated in an arctic environment for three months with Sheldon? Cabin fever comes to mind as a distinct possibility.
    Oh, I'd be going crazy too, if I were stuck up there with them. Most of my college friends were science majors, though, and a bunch have gone on to masters and PhD programs, and I think I'm thus inclined to sympathize with Sheldon because of them. I've probably heard way too much about their work.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 09-23-2009 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3709736;
    Oh, I'd be going crazy too, if I were stuck up there with them. Most of my college friends were science majors, though, and a bunch have gone on to masters and PhD programs, and I think I'm thus inclined to sympathize with Sheldon because of them. I've probably heard way too much about their work.
    Having trudges through a non-science graduate program I even empathize with Sheldon to a degree especially with research that just isn't working out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3709579;
    The parents of these guys add so much character and enrichment to the show. I love the epsidoes that feature any of them.
    I definitely agree! We've heard Wolowitz's mother's grating voice, but we've never seen her, right? I think Susie Essman (from Curb Your Enthusiasm, Jeff's wife) would make a hilarious mother for Howard in a guest appearance (or Bette Midler, but she doesn't have that voice).

I loved it when Penny tried to console Sheldon with the kitty song and he wouldn't let her because it's only for when he's sick . I find that I enjoy their relationship the most on this show.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread