+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree867Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

FORT Fogey

Re: Big Bang Theory

Well, she did want to play doctor with Dr Cutie-pie, Raj.

I was also surprised at Beverly's new look. Her hair looked very white and she appeared to have a casual jacket on......both things totally different than how she has looked in the past.

Of course, she could have been doing a show somewhere else and they squeezed in the Skype. If it was The Good Wife however, she always looks as well put-together for that show as she has playing Beverly...so it was a puzzle to me.
    Last edited by ibot2much; 05-16-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Interesting observations about Leonard's mom. I was wandering around doing stuff and hadn't quite settled in while that was going on, so I didn't see the details. I thought both Leonard's and Penny's conversations with their mothers were pretty sad..
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

The way Christine Baranksi look was so unexpected that it prompted me to do a little searching. She is in post production for "Into the Woods as Cinderella's stepmother. I saw a couple of pictures of her in costume that may explain her look on Big Bang Theory. What do you think?
    christine baranski into the woods - Bing Images

Wait till you see what Meryl Streep looks like!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I thought Penny's conversation with her mother was flat out weird, given the fact a whole episode was devoted to Penny's dad loving Leonard for Penny and wanting L to win her back, a few seasons ago. It's like the writers forgot that happened.

Yeah. It makes me mad when I can keep better track of what's happened on a show than the writers can.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

There is another BBT board that I visit but don't dare post on since everybody is a rabid fan and any post less than totally laudatory of every aspect of BBT is attacked violently.

There have been posts about the writers not keeping track of story elements and the response is that they don't have to since the show sets out one episode at a time there is no long story planning.

Christine looks pretty glam---so maybe since she was wearing wigs for a while, she stopped coloring her own hair.
    Last edited by ibot2much; 05-17-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    There is another BBT board that I visit but don't dare post on since everybody is a rabid fan and any post less than totally laudatory of every aspect of BBT is attacked violently.

There have been posts about the writers not keeping track of story elements and the response is that they don't have to since the show sets out one episode at a time there is no long story planning.
    ibot, this is in no way directed critically at you (as I think you also like continuity ), but at the people of the other board you reference. TBBT isn't a one off show/series. There have been through lines and running jokes (rocks, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock, for one; Howard's mother and Bernie's adept mimicking for another, and most recently, Stuart's sad state of affairs). And since the show is in high rotation on reruns on cable, how can the audience not remember Penny's dad loving Leonard? Penny's convo with her family could have been funny and different if she'd said something along the lines of "Yeah, dad, we're really back together and engaged. And yes, you can Wii fish with him any time." IDK, I'm not a comedy writer, but there were things to find in that vein.
    captain and Miss_Griss like this.

I don't think Penny is settling. They have sweet, connected moments all the time.....especially when they team up against Sheldon.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I don't think Penny is settling. They have sweet, connected moments all the time.....especially when they team up against Sheldon.
    I think so too. She put him thru the ringer, but I think she knows he is the one.
    Florimel and Moontat like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I don't know if this qualifies as a spoiler because it's been published online by Yahoo, but it's about a big change for Penny that will affect her relationship with Leonard in the upcoming season, and I'll put it in spoiler tags for anyone who doesn't want to know:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Penny will give up the acting career and take a job as a pharmaceutical rep for Bernadette's company. The job will come with a big paycheck that will "unbalance" her previous relationship with Leonard.

+ Reply to Thread