+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1588Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Re: Big Bang Theory

But doesn't every woman want to change her man into what she wants? Just saying
    There's no place like home!

Did anyone else think that the episode tonight was pretty bad? One of the least funny episodes I've seen.

Penny also came off as very unlikeable.
    holly71 likes this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I thought Penny's comment about actors being more important than scientists was very telling. Also, Leonard's eyes were opened to the fact that she wouldn't follow him if he got a promotion. Stuart's observation about how they've helped each other grow was astute (and sweet given his crush on her). They just showed the episode in syndication here earlier today about Penny and Stuart meeting for the first time and their resulting date. She would have slept with him if Sheldon hadn't elbowed in with a question and follow up discussion about comic books.
    Count your blessings!

the only part of the show that was entertaining was Sheldon and Wolowitz and Sheldon and his mom - the rest was rather meh, although I did like Stuart's observation about Leonard and Penny's relationship.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

I am tired of watching Penny purse her lips in boredom. I am guessing that she has been insructed by the writers to do so...but between that and her drinking( beer for a change), she looks and sounds tired and old. I thought L looked at her with concern when she got up to get the beer

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

The best part of the show for me was Howard, Sheldon, and his mom. I was roaring when she sent him to his room and he started to turn the corner and whispered he was a grown man LOL.

I liked the idea of another game put together by Raj, but it ended up being a disaster. Penny is drinking too much and always looks bored
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

PWS
    FORT Fogey

When she does her bored face she looks old and haggard also.... not good, Penny!
    Did we ever hear what the future held for Bernadette?
    Leonard is the kind of scientist I know best...you don't go into science for money, you go into it because you are curious and want to know how the (physical) world works. Not to say there aren't plenty who get lured out by the money these days....people who suddenly realize they can form a company or patent their discovery, but academic scientists like Leonard usually are more interested in the science than the money as long as they have enough to live what they consider an OK life ... and usually academic scientists are paid a good middle to upper middle class salary. Not rich but comfortable. That Penny doesn't realize that yet....wow...
    Loved Stuart's comment also.

I liked Stuart's comment and thought it was spot on. The episode was okay. A few funny moments, Sheldon and his mom, Bernadette... it was okay.
    combatcutie likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I didn't like the Sheldon/mom bit because I HATE it when Sheldon behaves/talks like a 5 year old. Any other time it's "coitus" but suddenly it's "mommy trying to make another baby". It's stupid writing. Good luck, Amy.
    Count your blessings!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

It's getting to be that I'm looking forward in large part to Bernadette's workplace jokes (restless eye syndrome) more than anything else. My sense of humor is a little twisted, I know.

I've been waiting for a long time now for Sheldon to grow up and stop being selfish, but it's not much closer to happening now than it was 3 seasons ago.

I agree with only part of Stuart's observation . . . Penny has gotten Leonard to be more confidant. Penny doesn't see things like the others do, so she's content to still be hoping for the big break in acting. It makes me wonder what else she could be capable of. I'd like them to find something other than waiting tables and trying to be a movie star, there's gotta be some untapped potential in that pretty girl from Nebraska with a daredevil attitude.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread