+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 191 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree739Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Re: Big Bang Theory

I threw this show away when it first started in favour of other shows and recently over this summer I've just started watching. I laugh so hard every single time. I can't believe that I didn't start watching sooner!

We love this show, the only one of my sitcoms that hubby wants to watch with me. Especially Sheldon. Didn't he get nominated for an emmy?

Spoiler alert from EW **** Fall season has one big surprise in store for us......
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Leonard and Penny will finally have some time in the sack...."After two years of foreplay, they finally [have sex] and it doesn’t go so great,” reveals exec producer Bill Prady. “There was so much anticipation that when they finally make it all the way, they have trouble finding their groove.” They won’t be the only ones going through an awkward adjustment period. “Sheldon does not like waking up and finding Penny in their apartment, which happens in the second or third episode,” says Prady. “And he’s not happy when she makes French toast on oatmeal day.

“But Sheldon believes this is a temporary anomaly,” Prady adds. “He thinks [the romance] will come to an end and everything will be back the way it is.”

I can't wait for the new season to start!!!!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fogey

I can't wait for new shows except
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I wish they would not have P&L actually "do it". You can never go back and this might be the undoing.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Thanks for the update/spoiler Mike's Girl. I know that this show is switching times, but it will still be on Mondays, right? Also, any idea when the new season starts?

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3654847;
    Thanks for the update/spoiler Mike's Girl. I know that this show is switching times, but it will still be on Mondays, right? Also, any idea when the new season starts?
    The third season premiere of The Big Bang Theory in its new time period (9:30 PM/ET) begins Monday, September 21, 2009.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fanatic

I thought this show looked dumb when it first started...until I actually sat down and watched it. Now it's one of my favorite shows. It's so good even my husband will watch it with me. (he doesn't watch sitcoms much...most he thinks are dumb)

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3655030;
    The third season premiere of The Big Bang Theory in its new time period (9:30 PM/ET) begins Monday, September 21, 2009.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3654719;
    I can't wait for new shows except
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I wish they would not have P&L actually "do it". You can never go back and this might be the undoing.
    I know the feeling.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    On one hand, I'm afraid it'll be like Niles and Daphne getting together. One of the biggest sources of tension (and humor) on the show was Niles' lusting after Daphne, and I thought after they got together, the show lost something. It probably also didn't help that their getting together also put the kibosh on Niles' dysfunctional relationships-- Maris, Mel, etc, which was another source of humor. So part of me is afraid that L & P will also be the beginning of the end.

On the other hand, Leonard is awkward with women in general, and I don't expect this to stop just because he's dating Penny. It might improve over time, sure, but I expect that it will move slowly, and both P & L certainly have a lot to learn about each others' worlds, more potential comedy there.

But, the key to why I think they can get away with this is that on Frasier, Frasier Crane was, relatively speaking, the "straight man," while the comedy came more from the supporting players. Even more so on BBT, Leonard is the relatively most normal of the foursome, and more of the humor comes from his (or Penny's) interactions with Raj, Howard, and of course, Sheldon. I don't typically find Leonard that funny, and I almost think that throwing the character out of his comfort zone might make him funnier. My hope is that if anything, Penny will spend MORE time with the guys, especially with Sheldon. And certainly Penny's meathead exes will not be any big loss.

In other words, I have two big reasons to hope for the best and I'm clinging to them.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Ausiello is reporting that Lewis Black has been cast in a role for at least one episode next season. Yay! DH and I love Lewis Black AND love TBBT

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread