+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree752Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Re: Big Bang Theory

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I wonder if JEJ was able to persuade "Princess Leia" to take part or if she likes TBBT as well. I think she's done some comedy in the past....
    Carrie Fisher has done quite a bit of comedy over the years. She comes by it naturally. Her mother has been a brilliant comic actress for decades.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I know what you're saying about Sheldon. I don't like it when he acts like a child and Penny and Leonard behave like his parents. That bit is always too over the top. Also his refusal to understand that his girlfriend wants to move on to a more physical level.
    Count your blessings!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I'm probably the only viewer who is more annoyed by Sheldon than humored. Yes he can be funny but I find a lot of his traits and idiosynchrosies to be over the top which I know is his character but I would not be able to tolerate someone like that in real life on a daily basis. I do like the ensemble as a whole though and so will tolerate his antics for the enjoyment I get from the rest of the group.
    Whew! I'm not the only one who feels this way. I know I've been watching the show too much when I actually get ticked off and not laughing at him. Sheldon does remind me of a friend from a long time ago. The guy wasn't as smart, nor as OCD as Sheldon is but he did always want to do the same thing every weekend and would throw a temper tantrum if he didn't get his own way. He would tell the same old stories even years later, everyone else thought he was funny but I thought he was a big bore, living in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    I know what you're saying about Sheldon. I don't like it when he acts like a child and Penny and Leonard behave like his parents. That bit is always too over the top. Also his refusal to understand that his girlfriend wants to move on to a more physical level.
    It's possible Sheldon is asexual, so I'm hoping that they figure it out soon. It won't be funny for them to start a sexual relationship since he is so OCD and sees no reason to have sex. Even having a child by test tube is not all that funny. I don't enjoy that part of Amy and Sheldon's storyline, or her hoping he will change his mind. She is the one who changed the rules in the middle of the game. She should accept him how he is and move on to someone who will want to explore that aspect of a relationship with her, not trying to get him to go along with her desires.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think part of it for Amy now, is also her relationship with the others...she has real friends, of both sexes, in the group. Now maybe if someone a little more appealing than the geologist made a play for her.... She also really really respects, admires, and likes Sheldon's brain--in comparison most other guys would seem not so bright, a kind of come down, settling for less.

I think if another man were to pay serious attention to Amy, Sheldon would become very jealous.
    There's no place like home!

If you watch early episodes when Amy was introduced, she was as anal and asexual as he still is. I still think if he got a taste of the honey, it might change his mind. That would be funny... to see him backpedal on his original stance. They've played that card before (Will Wheaton for example).
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I'm probably the only viewer who is more annoyed by Sheldon than humored. Yes he can be funny but I find a lot of his traits and idiosynchrosies to be over the top which I know is his character but I would not be able to tolerate someone like that in real life on a daily basis. I do like the ensemble as a whole though and so will tolerate his antics for the enjoyment I get from the rest of the group.
    something like the look on Leonard's face when Sheldone told him he'd be sitting in the car when he drives him to comicon when he's 80...???
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    If you watch early episodes when Amy was introduced, she was as anal and asexual as he still is. I still think if he got a taste of the honey, it might change his mind. That would be funny... to see him backpedal on his original stance. They've played that card before (Will Wheaton for example).
    Amy's sexual arousal came in the episode when one of Penny's ex-bf's (Zach) was on.

Amy has asked for and gotten affection from Sheldon and he's not been completely opposed to all of it, and she's happy to take what she gets, and given that they've been doing what they've been doing for years, unless someone comes along that opens her eyes to a different kind of relationship, I could see them continuing to write her just as they have been.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Although she does seem to find it increasingly frustrating....

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Although she does seem to find it increasingly frustrating....
    That's what her electric toothbrush named Gerard is for.
    Florimel likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread