+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1588Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

FORT Fogey

Re: Big Bang Theory

Finally a new episode last night. The Penny story line was only touched on....but not in a good way. They had Amy mention when Penny complained about L. spending several hundred dollars on Comic-Con tickets that Penny had spent the same abount on a dress recently. Peeny's response was that dress would take her places. (???)

On the other hand, when the check came, Amy and Bernie split it with B. making the comment that if we were grown up, we would split the check three ways. Interesting to see how long her sponging off everybody lasts.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I have to say that I really didn't enjoy last nights episode. It was boring and not really funny. I found myself not even paying attention to it.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I loved the girls having their tea. The JEJ bit with Sheldon fell a little flat though.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

I agree that the Shelton/ JEJ just went on too long. I did listen more when the girls came on the screen.....but the ComicCon was pretty boring too

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I thought the ComicCon story was a little far fetched. Guys that long in the geek/nerd culture would have an "in" to get tickets. They also know Stuart, who would have some kind of industry connection. However, the mere idea of Sheldon and JEJ taking a steam together and going to a strip club was hilarious to me.
    Florimel and Katydyd like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I liked the idea that JEJ likes Star Wars instead of being embarrassed about his popular success as so many "good" actors are. And star struck Sheldon...very what he would be. JEJ was certainly a good sport as to how he was shown....
    Katydyd likes this.

I enjoyed seeing Jones that way. I think maybe he's has a yet to do some comedy, but not much chance at it. I don't think it comes as naturally to him as it does to some of our other dramatic actors, but I wouldn't be surprised at its being an itch he wanted to scratch. He probably likes the show, too.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The girls at the bar after the tea party was my favorite part. Bernadette's line about buying her clothes at Gap Kids and Penny's old man falling story were the funniest bits of the night.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I wonder if JEJ was able to persuade "Princess Leia" to take part or if she likes TBBT as well. I think she's done some comedy in the past....

I'm probably the only viewer who is more annoyed by Sheldon than humored. Yes he can be funny but I find a lot of his traits and idiosynchrosies to be over the top which I know is his character but I would not be able to tolerate someone like that in real life on a daily basis. I do like the ensemble as a whole though and so will tolerate his antics for the enjoyment I get from the rest of the group.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread