+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree739Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Big Bang Theory

I'm left wondering where they are going with Amy potentially having another beau. Perhaps they are setting this up so Sheldon has "competition" and realizes he doesn't want to lose her.

My favorite part - as it has been lately - was with Bernadette. The bit at the end where she went back to the comic book store was hilarious.

Chocolate chip scone . . . . that's sounds even better!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

My family has a really bad habit of interrupting my viewing pleasure. I guess I missed the part where Bernadette went back to the comic store. Can you tell me what happened when she did?
    I saw that Raj and Howard ended up going to the "Rock" conference so I don't think we're going to see Amy with two beaus.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    My family has a really bad habit of interrupting my viewing pleasure. I guess I missed the part where Bernadette went back to the comic store. Can you tell me what happened when she did?
    I saw that Raj and Howard ended up going to the "Rock" conference so I don't think we're going to see Amy with two beaus.
    Amy went back to the store to get the comic she wanted so much, but without Stuart in tow so that he would not know she did it. She bought the comic and the refreshments while still giving the store owner her inimitable tongue lashing.

They hit gold when they cast Bernadette. I laughed so hard when she offered to supply Stuart with some pharmaceuticals if he could put a rush on her order. Howard, who has spent his life being dominated by his mother, picked the perfect wife to take over. Teeny, tiny Bernadette, who can wipe the floor with anyone. As a matter of fact, all the women can do that, each using her own different methods.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Thanks Florimel. And yes they did hit gold with Bernadette. And with Amy.
    Florimel likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

It makes it twice as funny (at least) because she is so tiny and uses that little girl voice.

He asked her if she wanted a latte while she waited and she replies "No, I don't want a latte. I want a cappuccino".

Doesn't really 'read' funny but when you hear her saying it, it's hilarious.

Incidentally, the other comic book store owner (Josh Peck) has his own recognizable voice. He's been in Ice Age, Samurai Jack and Scooby-Doo.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and CantGetNuf like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post

Incidentally, the other comic book store owner (Josh Peck) has his own recognizable voice. He's been in Ice Age, Samurai Jack and Scooby-Doo.
    And played Josh on the old Nickelodeon show Drake and Josh!
    AmyKay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    It makes it twice as funny (at least) because she is so tiny and uses that little girl voice.
    I recently saw her interviewed and she said the "voice" is exactly HER Mom's NJ voice! lol
    Florimel, PWS and Little Sew&Sew like this.
    KAREN

I'm glad we are seeing more of Stuart. Hysterical but so sad when he emptied a shoebox full of meds. Notice when Bernadette yells she sounds like Howards mother? lol
    I think it would be interesting to see Sheldon's reaction if Amy had someone else interested in her. Obviously not Rock Nerd, but someone perhaps more `normal; and intimidating. How would he react?
    I've n ever taken to Penny as much as the others and as someone mentioned up thread, I too find her drinking to excess to be more pathetic at this point , whereas before it could be funny. Listening to some extras on a DVD the writer said Penny is na´ve. But, I never interpreted her character as na´ve. Frankly, she comes across as stupid. I don't mean lacking in education. I mean not very bright. Which is different from being na´ve. I do like that she is kind toward Sheldon even as he drives her crazy. And yes, she gets in a few good zingers when sparring with him, but mostly she's just there, taking up space. It's a tribute to Kailey Cuockos take on the character that Penny isn't completely a one note character that grates.
    I too am baffled by Leonard's continued fascination with her as she hasn't grown or changed much in the entire series run thus far. I agree, it seems like they are stuck in a time warp-he's the bullied nerd who gets the pretty girl and he can't believe it! That's old now.
    Yet, I love this show dearly. So, I'm not so much complaining as wondering out loud what Chuck Lorre might do to improve some weak areas.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 01-14-2014 at 02:41 AM.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, if Penny makes some career progress that could change things. Penny isn't stupid, she has street smarts as it were---she's certainly nothing like her alternate boyfriend (the one who wore the Superman costume)--and she knows it. I still remember her trying to explain Schrodinger's cat to him.... She doesn't seem to be school smart though.. or at least have found anything that interests her in school even though she has gone back to school. And she's smart enough to know that her "time" as an actress is passing...if she's been waitressing for 10 years she can't play ingenue parts anymore... And the clock ticks for women in acting..
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

Penny giving up her job to seek acting work full time is an interesting path. She often doesn't have enough money to make her bills so right now does L. promising his "support" mean paying her bills?

I know that a number of fans wanted her to have some kind of success since she appeared to be stuck in her dead end job....but they certainly have gone off wildly. down this path
    redsox girl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread