+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1477Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Re: Big Bang Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I agree that it would normally be uncharacteristic for Sheldon to drink like that, but I could understand that he might get caught up in that father bonding moment and get carried away.

Mayim Bialik did an excellent job of reacting to the butt pat. She very subtly and naturally went through a whole range of emotions. Well done!
    I agree, I think it was the "bonding" moment.

The look on her face when he patted her butt was hysterical.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I LOL through the whole episode. I agree that in the past, Sheldon spit out his drinks, but then remember certain times (Howard's Bachelor party, his speech etc) where he did drink on purpose to fit in. I think that he was just so caught up in the moment of having a father figure talk to him and appreciate him being around that he drank with him.

I agree with the rest of you that Penny needs some success in her career. She is just fading into the background as the other girls really succeed in their careers. I think a soap opera would be great for her, even if it starts off as just extra on the show then goes to becoming a regular.

Mayim did great with her reaction to the butt slap.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Except he didn't know he was drinking alcohol...he heard "iced tea" and figured it was non-alcoholic, and Penny never corrected his misconception.
    but he sure didn't spit it out. there have been times he has had alcohol on purpose. The speech episode, Howard's bach party
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

As I said earlier, there isn't much in Penny's life and I am not sure the writers are giving the L/P relationship much importance.

L. acted as pained about the marriage as was expcted, but the most telling scene was when P. said " The next time I get married, it will be for love.......or money." Did we ( and he) expect her to say "to you" as she touched his cheek?

The fact that she said "for love" while touching him was like a half a loaf since she broke any romantic feelings by adding "for money".

I do agree, Penny needs a measure of success in her career. I like her relationship with Leonard, they are almost like the old married couple on the show, but she needs something else. And let's get Raj a woman!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I am not sure being like an old married couple is good at their ages. They apparently do nothing, go nowhere. She certainly isn't getting anything material from him so she isn't a gold digger.....and something is holding her back from marrying him. My guess is that she doesn't feel the spark.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OR she doesn't feel "good" enough for him....she's not school smart, although she's smarter than Sheldon thinks, and she's not successful in the area she's chosen.... so she thinks it won't work and will be horribly painful if Leonard comes to look down on her.

Penny has been known to mooch off of Leonard for rent and food.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Penny has been known to mooch off of Leonard for rent and food.

That was pretty much done in the first season
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

amionic slip-n-slide !!!!

Absolutely LOVED this episode. It wasn't only funny, but sweet how they all thought about life without Sheldon. Amy's story about being alone really got to me and I love how the group took her in and genuinely care about one another!!! Leonard showing her the screen saver was so cute. The group telling Amy how much she changed Sheldon is spot on. He is changing thanks to her
    Florimel, libgirl2, PWS and 1 others like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread