+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree739Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

FORT Fogey

Re: Big Bang Theory

Hated the episode last night. It was repetitive with Leonard wearing the itchy swester and running around the city trying to please Sheldon. It really made L. look crazier than Shelton for putting up with this long drawn out "punishment". Would anybody with a sane atom in his body put up with this?

If S. did squirt Amy in the face, it would have just been over the top in meaness so I was glad that didn't work out for him.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Episode was good, but definitely the weakest of the season so far. I can totally relate to Sheldon and how his mind works b/c I am the same way. I totally get why he wanted Leonard to see what it was like living with his type of brain. I LOL for most of the episode.
    Last edited by combatcutie; 11-15-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Speaking of cougars, the woman who was in charge of reprimanding Sheldon et al. for their sexist/racist behavior that Raj had a long meaningful chat with at the cocktail party would be a possibility...not that she's that old, but definitely more grown up than they are. Except she'd never be able to spend an evening with the gang without losing her mind..
    I do agree that an athlete would be a change, so Penny wouldn't be the only non-superbrain in the crowd...

IMO Raj would have to end up with a prearrange woman from his family, from the old country. I do not think he would actually go against his family. I could see her some how ending up living with Penny.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Speaking of cougars, the woman who was in charge of reprimanding Sheldon et al. for their sexist/racist behavior that Raj had a long meaningful chat with at the cocktail party would be a possibility...not that she's that old, but definitely more grown up than they are.
    I thought the same thing.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Speaking of cougars, the woman who was in charge of reprimanding Sheldon et al. for their sexist/racist behavior that Raj had a long meaningful chat with at the cocktail party would be a possibility...not that she's that old, but definitely more grown up than they are. Except she'd never be able to spend an evening with the gang without losing her mind..
    I do agree that an athlete would be a change, so Penny wouldn't be the only non-superbrain in the crowd...
    Are you referring to Regina King who played the human resource officer at the university in a few episodes? She's an excellent actress, but I don't think broad comeda is her forte. I don't think she could hold up again the other three girls on a regular basis.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Tonight's episode should be hilarious...Sheldon slapping Amy's behind, Zack and Penny married, Sheldon and Bernadette's dad watching football....Good times
    libgirl2 likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I am curious to see how L. plays the news of the marriage. I would expect that this should break his heart.

I am also somewhat concerned about what they are doing with Penny. She really has nothing in this situation. After her successful acting gig, fans asked if they would give her some success in the field by booking something---commercials, soap opera-- but TPTB said that she would stay as she is. The job at CF seems to be really unsatisfying...even more than when she started.

She seems to spend her time pursing her lips and looking unhappy....and drinking.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree---they need to give her some acting success. If they want to keep her at CF it could be episodic success....I can see doing low rent commercials for example--they could get some funny stuff out of that. I agree, she spends a lot of time looking sour and drinking...while the other women are having career success. She needs something to make her feel good about herself. I know she went back to college, and I was hoping she'd find something there, but she seems to be mostly skating through. Otherwise her relationship with Leonard is too unbalenced....all she brings to the relationship is her looks, which will pass... and sooner rather than later if she keeps boozing. All her self confidence seems to be based on her looks. She had the one little commercial success, and then that was dropped.
    ibot2much likes this.

I agree that Penny needs to be given some growth in her character. Commercial work or soap work, maybe. I can see her jumping from soap to soap when each role lasts only a short time. Or, her characters could be killed off and return later since we all know that soap opera death is not permanent. I see a lot of potential material there for Kaley to work with.
    ibot2much likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread