+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree744Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Big Bang Theory

You leave the room when this show is on????!!!

Count me in among those who loved this episode (even though I haven't watched enough Pacino, Cage, and Walken movies to get the references), both really funny and incredibly touching and sweet. Sheldon saying, that for him this WAS a very intimate relationship, her saying, what if I want more, and him trying to find a way to do it. Really touching. It'll be an adjustment in the fall though--they can't have him be as dismissive of her as he has been.

Is Amy supposed to have been home schooled or skipped grades? I've forgotten why she is supposed to be so clueless about some social things and yet not others. She's certainly more clued in than Sheldon, who more and more seems Aspie---in the beginning they just showed him as an egocentric brain, but lately they seem to have really been reading up on the high functioning autism spectrum adult, and that allows for much more touching work now and then, as Sheldon tries to reach out in ways that have never appealed to him before.
    Katydyd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I think the second impression was Pacino...did he do a third that included another actor?
    Christopher Walken was the dragon that came out of the volcano. Howard wasn't going to do a voice, and Sheldon insisted that the dragon say something, so Howard did a Christopher Walken line (and another when the dragon died).

The Nicolas Cage impression was the strangest, though, because Howard actually looked like Nicolas Cage.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fan

It's been a while since I've seen Raising Hope, but Raj's girlfriend seemed to play a similar character on that show also? Or maybe they weren't as similar as I remember?

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post

Is Amy supposed to have been home schooled or skipped grades? I've forgotten why she is supposed to be so clueless about some social things and yet not others. She's certainly more clued in than Sheldon, who more and more seems Aspie---in the beginning they just showed him as an egocentric brain, but lately they seem to have really been reading up on the high functioning autism spectrum adult, and that allows for much more touching work now and then, as Sheldon tries to reach out in ways that have never appealed to him before.
    I think that she skipped grades - but we know she wasn't home schooled - at least for high school - because of all the comments she makes about her experience in school.

MV5BMjA4ODUyNDQ2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODk2MTYz__V1__SY314_CR2,0,214,314_.jpgI may be the oddity here, I remember Christopher Walken and most of the movies he has been in, Pulp Fiction, Hairspray, Catch me if you Can, The Deer Hunter.
    Shoepie and redsox girl like this.
    There's no place like home!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    More like was *37* years ago! (I feel seriously old right now!) And how did Monica keep her rent controlled apartment while never at work (we all know chefs have to be at the job for a long time due to Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen, and the scads of Food Network shows) and a coffee waitress' salary.
    Monica's apartment was previously her aunts, there was no change of lease - so with rent control, price wouldn't have changed since her aunt got the place, which was at least 10 years before the show, Friends, starts. So it would have been really cheap, assuming that NYC has really strict rent control laws (which I think they do - or at least used to).

As for Penny - I have no clue how she affords that place. Parental help? Leonard? I don't think her salary and wages would cover it - though I did go to grad school with a girl who worked at the Cheesecake Factory and it covered her rent in San Francisco, so I guess it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Attachment 29069I may be the oddity here, I remember Christopher Walken and most of the movies he has been in, Pulp Fiction, Hairspray, Catch me if you Can, The Deer Hunter.
    I'll join you there. Christopher Walken is a very good actor who shines in his roles even in films I don't like. He's also a very good musical theater performer, something I learned not all that long ago. Most recently, I loved him in The Last Quartest and Seven Psychopaths.
    redsox girl likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Attachment 29069I may be the oddity here, I remember Christopher Walken and most of the movies he has been in, Pulp Fiction, Hairspray, Catch me if you Can, The Deer Hunter.
    Hmmm I 've seen Hairspray and remember him in that. I did see Pulp Fiction and Deer Hunter, but so long ago I can't picture him in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'll join you there. Christopher Walken is a very good actor who shines in his roles even in films I don't like. He's also a very good musical theater performer, something I learned not all that long ago. Most recently, I loved him in The Last Quartest and Seven Psychopaths.
    He also is a great dancer. He dances in every single movie he is in... even if its just a few steps. And check him out in Fatboy Slim's video Weapon of Choice.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Hmmm I 've seen Hairspray and remember him in that. I did see Pulp Fiction and Deer Hunter, but so long ago I can't picture him in them.
    He was the Russian Roulette guy in Deerhunter. Hard scene to forget, but I totally understand not remembering which actor it was.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread