+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree698Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Big Bang Theory

The actress who plays Penny has been in two funny commercial series recently, one with Shatner for the travel stuff (where she's his daughter sent to live with the monks) and one for a car (she's the genie for the car)--maybe they could play off those for Penny....

I loved it!! Love BN and found the show hysterical.

Penny is the dumb blonde with the heart of gold, who comes out with some genius stuff, I love the character as she is. don't change her.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Excellent show last night. Bob Newhart was on the money as always. As much as I don't want to see Howard and Bernadette go the baby route, it was pretty funny seeing them "babysitting" the dog.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I loved it!! Love BN and found the show hysterical.

Penny is the dumb blonde with the heart of gold, who comes out with some genius stuff, I love the character as she is. don't change her.
    I don't want them to change her, but I do want them to further her career a little
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I would still like to know how Penny can afford a 1 bedroom apt and only work at the Cheese factory?
    Miss_Griss and libgirl2 like this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I would still like to know how Penny can afford a 1 bedroom apt and only work at the Cheese factory?
    I think that is a question on almost all sitcoms and other shows, how do they afford it?

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I don't want them to change her, but I do want them to further her career a little
    I figure that will come at the series finale - she'll do a Joey (Friends) and move away to Hollywood for a gig.

Although it would be nice if they acknowledged her aspirations more, talking about going on auditions, and even having an episode based on that. She did the douche commercial - maybe next she can do a condom or tampax one.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post

I know, right? After all, "Jack" needed both "Chrissy" and "Janet" to help with expenses and that was 25 years ago!!!
    captain and libgirl2 like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I know, right? After all, "Jack" needed both "Chrissy" and "Janet" to help with expenses and that was 25 years ago!!!
    I always wondered how they afforded their apartments in Friends. Wasn't Joey always out of work?? I guess you just have to suspend your disbelief for a half hour.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

I have no problem at all suspending disbelief for a good story. Most good fiction requires it. Maybe Penny's family helps her financially. What I'd find harder to believe if I think about it is that whatever they are paying in rent, nobody has filed a complaint and/or a lawsuit about the broken elevator in how many years? NYC has a strong Housing Authority.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread