+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree690Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Big Bang Theory

HAPPY BIRTHDAY times two!

Both Johnny Galecki (leonard) and Runal Nayyar (Raj) are celebrating today.

Johnny is 38 (can you believe it??!!) and Runal is 31.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY times two!

Both Johnny Galecki (leonard) and Runal Nayyar (Raj) are celebrating today.

Johnny is 38 (can you believe it??!!) and Runal is 31.
    Wow, I wouldn't have thought he is 38! Then again, I forget he was on Roseanne too and that was a while ago.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

He certainly doesn't look like he is "almost 40". He's always had the high forehead/receding hairline, even in his Roseanne days. Time Warner's Facebook posted this pic of the two of them:

leonard and raj.jpg
    libgirl2 likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Yep, and JIm Parsons is the oldest at 40. Simon Helberg is the youngest at 32.

Please count me among those who loved Soap, What a cast they had.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I watched Live With Kelly & Michael this morning because I saw that Jim Parsons was on. He was as entertaining as always, but what really made me smile was that he announced that Bob Newhart is guest starring on the next episode. I think Newhart is brilliant. They showed a clip from the show and I was LOL. Can't wait to see it.
    combatcutie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I agree about shows ending in the middle of a storyline. I'm still upset about the old comedy Soap (70s) ending on a cliff hanger, so I could empathize with Sheldon.
    Also one of my favorites, but I don't recall the cliffhanger... what was it?

Somehow the cleverness of Soap reminds me of TBBT. Both original.

Although Susan Harris had planned for five seasons of Soap, the program was canceled by ABC after its fourth season. Therefore the final one-hour episode, which originally aired on April 20, 1981, did not serve as a series finale and instead ended with several unresolved cliffhangers. These involve a suicidal Chester preparing to kill Danny and Annie (his son and wife) after catching them in bed together, an irreversibly hypnotized Jodie believing himself to be a 90 year-old Jewish man, Burt preparing to walk into an ambush orchestrated by his political enemies and Jessica about to be executed by a Communist firing squad. Vlasic Foods pulled their sponsorship of the program shortly after this episode aired and ABC announced that the program was not picked up for its planned fifth season. The official reason given by the network was its declining ratings. However, according to the Museum of Broadcast Communications, Soap "ended under suspicion that resistance from ad agencies may have caused ABC to cancel [it] at that point" because its still controversial content was negatively affecting its relationship with sponsors.
    Soap (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Although Susan Harris had planned for five seasons of Soap, the program was canceled by ABC after its fourth season. Therefore the final one-hour episode, which originally aired on April 20, 1981, did not serve as a series finale and instead ended with several unresolved cliffhangers. These involve a suicidal Chester preparing to kill Danny and Annie (his son and wife) after catching them in bed together, an irreversibly hypnotized Jodie believing himself to be a 90 year-old Jewish man, Burt preparing to walk into an ambush orchestrated by his political enemies and Jessica about to be executed by a Communist firing squad. Vlasic Foods pulled their sponsorship of the program shortly after this episode aired and ABC announced that the program was not picked up for its planned fifth season. The official reason given by the network was its declining ratings. However, according to the Museum of Broadcast Communications, Soap "ended under suspicion that resistance from ad agencies may have caused ABC to cancel [it] at that point" because its still controversial content was negatively affecting its relationship with sponsors.
    Soap (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Oh yes!!! Thanks for refreshing my memory.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thank heavens for Wikipedia!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Thank heavens for Wikipedia!
    Thank heavens for the internet!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread