+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree867Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Re: Big Bang Theory

My son, a hugh college basketball fan, has the whole schedule printed out along with his brackets. Besides CBS, they are also on TBS, TNT, and Tru tv at various times.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

On the plus side, I got to tape Glee for the first time all season, and watch Community, and the final season of The Office, and a lot of Grey's Anatomy.... catching up on shows that have come 2nd, 3rd and 4th on my TV and VCR all season.

FORT Fogey

Looks like TBS is running several hours of BBT reruns from 3 -7 pm E

FORT Fogey

A new one last night. Really curious where the Shamy is going since Shelton's treatment of Amy is not any better than his treatment of the others. He would have to get a huge bump on his head for him to change his inate self-centeredness

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The negative remarks about sex and their relationship must be discouraging to poor Amy! You'd think scientist Sheldon would be curious enough about WHY sex makes his friends so crazy to try it, just to see what the fuss is about. Of course somehow this assumes he's never had a "nocturnal emission" or any other kind of self sex...well, maybe his super religious mom had more of an effect than we know....

I believe the writers need to quit showing Sheldon making racist mistakes. Sheldon is an intelligent person and would know what he did was inappropriate. Other than that I enjoyed the show. Personally I would like to see Sheldon wait until married to do anything sexual. I think with his upbringing this is what he would believe.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

I don't think Sheldon's avoidance of sex is due to his upbringing, although I suppose a case could be made, given his mother's attitudes. However, he doesn't share her beliefs regarding other matters that we've seen. I just think he is sort of asexual, perhaps feeling that such things appeal to lesser mortals than he.
    JunkieGirl, Miss_Griss and Katydyd like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I don't think Sheldon's avoidance of sex is due to his upbringing, although I suppose a case could be made, given his mother's attitudes. However, he doesn't share her beliefs regarding other matters that we've seen. I just think he is sort of asexual, perhaps feeling that such things appeal to lesser mortals than he.
    I was just going to post the same thing, AV. Given that he doesn't get most of the stuff going on around him having to do with sex and sexual attraction, I think it's a strong possibility that he's asexual, a sexual orientation that most people don't consider to be one.

He's shown a certain amount of disgust and dismay over the years about things having to do with sex, and I think it's easy to think of that as having to do with repression (and it can be), but if you're not experiencing the sexual feelings and attraction that drives others to want to engage in sexual activity, the rest of it really can seem quite strange, illogical, and definitely un-hygenic.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I was just going to post the same thing, AV. Given that he doesn't get most of the stuff going on around him having to do with sex and sexual attraction, I think it's a strong possibility that he's asexual, a sexual orientation that most people don't consider to be one.

He's shown a certain amount of disgust and dismay over the years about things having to do with sex, and I think it's easy to think of that as having to do with repression (and it can be), but if you're not experiencing the sexual feelings and attraction that drives others to want to engage in sexual activity, the rest of it really can seem quite strange, illogical, and definitely un-hygenic.
    His non-comprehension in and lack of drive concerning sex seems to go along with his other problems that relate to emotions and dealing with other people. IE his lack of any interest in or understanding of interpersonal relationships or even a lack of the ability to read facial and other non-verbal cues.

He also exhibits the sign of not wanting or needing to be touched.

These signs as seen in the Sheldon character have been said by some to be an example of high functioning Asberger's.

Amy's probem seems to be more a lack of adequate socialization as a youngster, which is similar to the problems that Howard and Raj and to a lesser etent Leonard have.
    Last edited by Orion Nebula; 04-05-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Sheldon's mother may be a religious nut, but I remember her setting up a romp with one of Sheldon's bosses a couple of seasons ago, and there was no doubt about what she had in mind. :
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread