+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1503Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Big Bang Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I think one of my favorite parts was when we see Bernadette and Howard coming up the stairs and both wearing heels . . . After Howard gets mad and storms off, Sheldon defends his decision to hide behind Amy by saying that Howard looked taller today. It wasn't an OBVIOUS joke, but I laughed all the same.
    Good point... I missed that connection!

FORT Fan

This article has a lot of info about the story arcs of the different characters, especially Raj. If we're not supposed to post links please remove it.

'The Big Bang Theory': Sheldon And Amy Might Have Sex And More Revelations From PaleyFest

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post

He talked about how he learns all the science lines for the show. He says he knows almost nothing about science, and has developed a technique for learning all the complicated jargon. He also talked about the writers and their credentials and how they try very hard to present only actual science and not make stuff up. He mentioned that the show hardly ever gets complaints about the science and how they do get a lot of compliments about it.
    That was something I had wondered about.
    My BF is a nuclear engineer and plasma physicist and he agrees - sometimes he nit-picks the science, but knows that he's nit-picking and that technically, they are right. He also thinks that the way the characters interact - and act - is right on. Sometimes it's so true to life that it's actually awkward for him to watch. But he does love the show too and can't believe that he didn't watch it until I made him (starting at the end of season 3).

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2 View Post
    My BF is a nuclear engineer and plasma physicist and he agrees - sometimes he nit-picks the science, but knows that he's nit-picking and that technically, they are right. He also thinks that the way the characters interact - and act - is right on. Sometimes it's so true to life that it's actually awkward for him to watch. But he does love the show too and can't believe that he didn't watch it until I made him (starting at the end of season 3).
    WinglyDog:
    Thanks for that interesting feedback from your BF.
    I worked with a lot of people in the medical sciences, especially ones who were just starting to interact with patients (med students for example and lab techs) and I too see a lot of similarities in how the characters interact with each other and with their patients.

It was always obvious very quickly which doctors-in-training needed to find a specialty where they wouldn't have to interact with patients regularly but who like Sheldon and his friends had excellent science skills.
    Many of them ended up in scientific (medical) research just like the guys on BBT.

It was always obvious that they came into the medical field because of their interest in the science aspect of it and not because they wanted to "help people." Their research definitely ends up helping people but patients don't have to be subjected to their lack of people skills especially at such critical times in the patients' lives.

The reaalistic relationships of the BBT characters with each other and with people not like them is what first attracted me to the show.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, it is quite realistic---also in that the women, who are more in the life sciences are in most ways more "normal" than their guys--that is, Amy more normal than Sheldon if not Leonard. I've always found the concentration of the Sheldons is in the very mathy theoretical areas.
    WrigleyDogA2 likes this.

I want Sheldon to come to my house and organize it.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    me too... especially my basement!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    But with that level of organization, would you ever be able to find anything?

I may be disorganized, but I can usually find anything that I need to. haha
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I actually am quite organized because I am so forgetful - but it could be much neater.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

The next new episode isn't until April 4th. Geez, they are stretching out the new ones almost as annoyingly as GLEE.

+ Reply to Thread