+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree752Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Big Bang Theory

OMG, last nights episode was freaking HILARIOUS!!!! I laughed all the way through it. Sheldon's OCD and cleaning the closets was priceless. I absolutely loved everyone came up with a story for Howard. It really does show how great their friendships really are.
    Moontat and WrigleyDogA2 like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

The stories were wonderful and the writing was just so perfect to ease Howard's pain. The most interesting point for me was Shelton's story. The fact that it was so wrong for the situation and he didn't realize it was very telling. Is he growing into a more social person? Lots of people think so based on the Amy relationship.

Even when they asked Howard which one he thought was true, Shelton was winking and blinking to get Howard to call his name------not because the story had anything to do with the situation, but that it was his. That selfishness, along with his complaints about Amy trying to hold his hand in the movies, didn't give us much evidence of growth
    combatcutie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    OMG, last nights episode was freaking HILARIOUS!!!! I laughed all the way through it. Sheldon's OCD and cleaning the closets was priceless. I absolutely loved everyone came up with a story for Howard. It really does show how great their friendships really are.
    The stories were quite touching. If one of those is true (exception being Sheldon's), Howard can rest assured his dad loved (or loves) him.
    combatcutie likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I loved last night's show. It was a nice mix of hilarious and sweet. I like a serious side to them once in awhile. Really shows how much they care about each other as friends.

Line of the night was what Sheldon labeled Howards file "Wolowitz family before father left for good" LMAO!!!
    combatcutie likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, last night's show was back on target.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    I loved last night's show. It was a nice mix of hilarious and sweet. I like a serious side to them once in awhile. Really shows how much they care about each other as friends.

Line of the night was what Sheldon labeled Howards file "Wolowitz family before father left for good" LMAO!!!
    I thought the mix of pathos and comedy was brilliant.

One minute I had a lump in my throat because of Howard's feelings and because of how beautifully his friends reacted to them. And the next moment I was laughing over Sheldon's obvious misreading of the emotional content of the situation.

That kind of writing is very difficult to pull off and we almost never see it in sitcoms. Hats off to the writers and the actors.
    combatcutie and Florimel like this.

TPTB heard us after last week's show.

GREAT SHOW.

I laugh every time the kiddos go up and down the stairs as that elevator is still broken after all these years.
    KAREN

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I think one of my favorite parts was when we see Bernadette and Howard coming up the stairs and both wearing heels . . . After Howard gets mad and storms off, Sheldon defends his decision to hide behind Amy by saying that Howard looked taller today. It wasn't an OBVIOUS joke, but I laughed all the same.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Last night's episode was a good example of why BBT is by far my favorite and my only Must Watch sitcom. The writing for every character was spot on as were the performances. As Orion said above, it was a perfect mixture of pathos and humor. Bravo!
    combatcutie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

By coincidence the re-run of Jim Parson being interviewed on Jimmy Kimmel was on last night only a few hours after I saw last night's episode. I know he's an excellent actor but it always startles me when Parson sounds like Sheldon (up to a point. He does some neat vocal stuff to be Sheldon) but he is nothing like Sheldon.

And what really surprised me is that Parson is about to turn 40!

He talked about how he learns all the science lines for the show. He says he knows almost nothing about science, and has developed a technique for learning all the complicated jargon. He also talked about the writers and their credentials and how they try very hard to present only actual science and not make stuff up. He mentioned that the show hardly ever gets complaints about the science and how they do get a lot of compliments about it.
    That was something I had wondered about.

IMO the interview would be interesting for anyone who is a fan. It's probably on youtube.
    Might also be on the Jimmy Kimmel Show site.
    JavaJo likes this.

+ Reply to Thread