+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1588Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

FORT Fogey

Re: Big Bang Theory

You do have to wonder why B is always so quick to explode..... One might think that the marriage is not going well based on her behavior. There is another board that I read and the people there are rabid BBT fans....to the point that somebody from the board usually goes to the filming so they are really on top of the story lines. They really don't like the B/H marriage and the personalities of both B and H now and are coming up with ways to end the marriage.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    You do have to wonder why B is always so quick to explode..... One might think that the marriage is not going well based on her behavior. There is another board that I read and the people there are rabid BBT fans....to the point that somebody from the board usually goes to the filming so they are really on top of the story lines. They really don't like the B/H marriage and the personalities of both B and H now and are coming up with ways to end the marriage.
    Wow, I love the show but I could never be that much of a fan.

To me Bernie and Howard have a normal relationship with two people neither of whom is "dominant."
    I know a lot of couples like this.who are very evenly matched like B and H in education and personality and backgrounds. It is a give and take about who is "on top" at what moment.

So it does seem somewhat like real life to me. The test for these couples of course is how they adjust to the constantly changing "control."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And B seems to find H appealing physically.....

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Well, you know what they say about men (&women too) that some will marry someone who is similar to their opposite sex parent....Howard finds that aspect about Bernadette sexy. Now THAT is just creepy. LOL
    Florimel likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Bernie was always quick to explode - this didn't just start after she married Howard. One of her cute quirks is the way she spouts off like that, especially when she sounds like Howard's mother.
    combatcutie and Florimel like this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Bernie was always quick to explode - this didn't just start after she married Howard. One of her cute quirks is the way she spouts off like that, especially when she sounds like Howard's mother.
    I just saw a rerun yesterday in which Bernie sounds off and sounds exactly like Howard's mother and he says to everyone else: "Is it just me or does Bernie seem extra-sexy when she talks like that?" (paraphrase)

It's from the Howard's mother in the hospital episode when Bernie yells at him after she visits with his mother and calls him a "Putz."
    Florimel and libgirl2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    I just saw a rerun yesterday in which Bernie sounds off and sounds exactly like Howard's mother and he says to everyone else: "Is it just me or does Bernie seem extra-sexy when she talks like that?" (paraphrase)

It's from the Howard's mother in the hospital episode when Bernie yells at him after she visits with his mother and calls him a "Putz."
    We saw that too... its amazing how much she sounds like Howard's mother!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    We saw that too... its amazing how much she sounds like Howard's mother!
    So much so that I used to think she was the voice of Howard's mother until I read the credits carefully.
    libgirl2 likes this.

I think Howard likes/needs a woman like Bernadette....
    Moontat likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

On the other hand, Howard doesn't seem a whole lot like her dad on the surface.

+ Reply to Thread