+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree752Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Re: Big Bang Theory

I enjoyed it. It wasn't test best episode, but I think it showed the girls doing their fantasy thing as the guys do with their video games. Just a different perspective. I did laugh at Bernandette, and I did laugh at the guys rushing over to keep Sheldon from putting out on the Internet his, "How do I get a 12-year old girl excited?" (Paraphrase).
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

This would have been better as two episodes, one with the guys at the school, and another with the girls at Disneyland. There was so much they could have done with the Disneyland theme, and then Amy and Bernadette could have gone to the school, leaving Penny out, and there would have been a lot to do with that theme as well. Raj's date could have been a side story on either episode, though probably better with the school thing.

I think the writers missed the boat on this one.
    captain and Florimel like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, might have had a whole episode on Disneyland...as it was the only point was for there to be a contrast between what the two scientists were saying... you can be whatever you want to be, it isn't about how you look, etc., and what they were doing--dressing up as princesses. Don't know if the girls in the class could see them.

I think the classroom reaction was pretty classic, having been involved with some junior high aged programs to get girls to show they are interested in science! But I agree, not the funniest to anyone who hasn't tried it themselves.

Someone with a little girl please tell me, which princess was Penny?
    PhoneGrrrl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I agree, might have had a whole episode on Disneyland...as it was the only point was for there to be a contrast between what the two scientists were saying... you can be whatever you want to be, it isn't about how you look, etc., and what they were doing--dressing up as princesses. Don't know if the girls in the class could see them.

I think the classroom reaction was pretty classic, having been involved with some junior high aged programs to get girls to show they are interested in science! But I agree, not the funniest to anyone who hasn't tried it themselves.

Someone with a little girl please tell me, which princess was Penny?
    Aurora from Sleeping Beauty
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

I think it was the laziest writing we have seen in a while. They went for the cheap jokes....shelton is smart enough to use the word "motivate" rather than excite, but excite got the cheap laugh. Leonard going on about his mother in the class room is an old joke.....Bernadette snapping at the girls to get her way has been done with Howard and may be geting tiring as we wonder why she is now such a b!tch.

There was no need for the "I am a slut" listing from Penny. She contributed nothing to the show, sounding bored and annoyed during all her scenes.

The whole Princess scene was a waste since there was nothing Disneyland at all about the scene. Really cheap joke with the girls dressed up, applying make up and talking to the school girls about something entirely opposite from what they were doing.

Best idea of the whole show??? Howard riding over to B. as Prince Charming

I thought it was cute. Bernadette was the stand out of the show for sure.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I loved the Raj texting date. That was so cute. The rest ... not so much

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I think it was the laziest writing we have seen in a while. They went for the cheap jokes....shelton is smart enough to use the word "motivate" rather than excite, but excite got the cheap laugh. Leonard going on about his mother in the class room is an old joke.....Bernadette snapping at the girls to get her way has been done with Howard and may be geting tiring as we wonder why she is now such a b!tch.

There was no need for the "I am a slut" listing from Penny. She contributed nothing to the show, sounding bored and annoyed during all her scenes.

The whole Princess scene was a waste since there was nothing Disneyland at all about the scene. Really cheap joke with the girls dressed up, applying make up and talking to the school girls about something entirely opposite from what they were doing.

Best idea of the whole show??? Howard riding over to B. as Prince Charming
    Not only was it lazy writing, but it seemed as though the actors were phoning in their roles. Seemed more like a first episode where characters aren't already well established.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Just a guess...but they probably couldn't actually film at Disneyland (let alone, do a whole episode there) since Disney is part of the ABC network family and BBT is on CBS. Though I agree and would have loved a full episode with the girls at Disney.

FORT Fan

I think we're all so used to the brilliance of the writing and acting of BBT that we might be forgetting that every series stumbles once in a while.

I too liked the Raj date, and Bernie for sure. The other stuff not so much. But IMO still better than most of what is called "comedy" on tv.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread