+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree761Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Re: Big Bang Theory

I also like aspects of the Sheldon and Penny relationship. I think they really act well together.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    The show doesn't have great writing.
    Oh, I disagree. I think the writing is fantastic. I mean, they do stick a few of the same topics but the jokes are fresh. Considering the ratings are number two (behind NCIS) every week, I'm guessing I'm not the only one that feels this way. This season, especially, the ratings have really gotten a boost.

I don't like how nasty they are making Bernadette. She was always the sweet one with a little bite when she got riled up. Now she's always riled up. I agree about Raj. They need to get him a love interest or something. He's the fifth wheel.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Oh, I disagree. I think the writing is fantastic. I mean, they do stick a few of the same topics but the jokes are fresh. Considering the ratings are number two (behind NCIS) every week, I'm guessing I'm not the only one that feels this way. This season, especially, the ratings have really gotten a boost.

I don't like how nasty they are making Bernadette. She was always the sweet one with a little bite when she got riled up. Now she's always riled up. I agree about Raj. They need to get him a love interest or something. He's the fifth wheel.
    Well, at least on Valentine's Day Raj was going to have a coffee date--it's a start. Of course he's been drinking beer at the party, but maybe as he "sobers up" over coffee he will realize that he's still talking and he's sober....

So is Penny really afraid that once her "looks" wear off Leonard will feel she "can't keep up", and regret it if they've married? The other guys are with equally smart AND equally educated women (despite what Sheldon may think!). Penny has street smarts and as I've said before, learns things easily ... e.g., the Scrhodinger's cat episodes...but she certainly isn't educated, even if she's gone back to community college. The fact that she's so sensitive about makes me think that that's what's supposed to underlie her "fear of commitment" now--she's certainly gotten past Leonard's lack of coolness.

And I'm in the "the writing is fantastic" camp.

I, too, think the writing is excellent and the characters are endearing. I kind of wish they would turn down Bernadette's shrewish behavior a tad, but I think they are making the point that many men turn out to marry women who are like their mothers. Another idea I have is that Penny's hesitancy to commit to Leonard or anyone else dates back to something or several things that happened when she was growing up Nebraska rather than just her lack of education.

I'm pleased to see Raj getting more storyline, too, and I think Amy has brought Sheldon a long, long way. Naming her his person to contact was brilliant.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree re Sheldon's gift to Amy...perfect. With of course the usual Sheldon downside!
    combatcutie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Interesting episode. I hope the changes hinted at do continue. Raj having a girlfriend after all these years of "is he or isn't he in love with Howard" is a fresh direction.

More so with Penny being a decent actress. That would be a great story line with PEnny actually getting an acting career. After all, her role has been pretty stagnant all these years

I loved when Raj left the room and Bernadette said they should go to Red Lobster. That little scene was hilarious.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I loved when Raj left the room and Bernadette said they should go to Red Lobster. That little scene was hilarious.
    Oh that was good!

Happy Raj might finally get a love interest. I liked it when he was saying just how pathetic he is.... very funny.

Penny can act! I can see her getting some roles and it interfering with her and Leonard's relationship.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Excellent episode, especially for the "progress" noted for Raj and Penny. I agree, if Penny's career seems to be taking off that could introduce stress into her relationship with Leonard without having to bring another guy in or have Penny have commitment issues. Leonard is so used to her being a failed actress and him being the employment "star" in the relationship, wonder how he will react. It's one thing to say you support your girlfriend's career when she doesn't have much of one, but how about when it makes actual demands on her time?
    Do we know the name of Raj's "girlfriend" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Do we know the name of Raj's "girlfriend" yet?
    I don't think so.

+ Reply to Thread