+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1592Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

FORT Fogey

Re: Big Bang Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I would suspect mega padding for the glimpse of Howard's mom. Carol Ann Susi never was on the skinny side, but I doubt if she's gotten anywhere near that large.
    The voice we hear and the glimpse of someone we saw do not necessarily belong to the same person. In other words, whoever flashed by in the muumuu could have been anyone, even a man!
    TripleGemini likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I had never seen Howard's mom and when Raj and Howard were chatting earlier and Howard mentioned how big she was I was looking too. Yes she is big. I saw her a few times walk very fast past the dining room.

One thing I noticed for the first time was in the very first scene when Sheldon and Leonard were arguing, Leonard only had a t-shirt on. Wow, as he always always always seems to wear like three layers of clothing. T-shirt, hoodie and jacket. I wonder why he is always wearing so many layers of clothing?
    I noticed that too and saw that he's rather built - so they prolly cover him up more so he looks more like a nerd and less buff.
    Florimel likes this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Should be interesting where this show will be going with the romances......Howard is so not husband material and his wife has developed into a major shrew. Leonard and Penny just are not a couple and I really do not like the Amy character. Her social inability is so abrasive and the character has none of Shelton's "charm" or maybe the show can't take more than one character like this.

I think this show has run its course. Sheldon has a certain way of knocking on Penny's door, and has a favorite place on the sofa... but, can his character really be developed? Raj can't talk to women unless he's drunk... so there's not much of a variety of storylines that can be based on his character. The network would never cancel a show with high ratings, as long as the actors are willing to stay on the show.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I guess I'm in the minority b/c I still enjoy this show just about every week. With Howard and Bernadette, they are showing the changes of being a couple into being married and how married couples argue over stuff. I couldn't help but LOL through most of the show last night.
    Florimel and Hyper like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority b/c I still enjoy this show just about every week. With Howard and Bernadette, they are showing the changes of being a couple into being married and how married couples argue over stuff. I couldn't help but LOL through most of the show last night.
    Me too. Married life has its ups and downs, very normal. I liked the episode.
    combatcutie likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

this show always delivers, even the not-so-great episodes are far better than most sitcoms on tv right now.

I just loved last night's episode - and I didn't know til this morning, but the girl being proposed to at the restaurant was Kaley's real life sister.

I just wish they'd do something with Raj - he seems to be floundering. now that Howard is married, he's lost his place and it's not the same with Stuart.

I love the girl at the end though, she does Raising Hope and I'd love to see her on this show as Raj's love interest.
    combatcutie and Florimel like this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

The character's hobbies are comic books, video games and Star Trek. They have spent a lot of time talking about details of video games that they're playing. (They have to fill the show up with something). The show doesn't have great writing.

FORT Fogey

I do agree that the show does well and is funny. The point I made back on post 1383 is that I wonder what they are going to do with the characters now that they have given them relationships...none of which seem highly successful

FORT Fogey

I still love the show, but I find myself liking the Penny-Leonard relationship less and less. The whole idea is that a successful science nerd manages to get a beautiful woman with whom he really has nothing in common. Since they started dating again, Penny has been putting Leonard through the wringer, jerking him around, playing hot and cold, and he deserves better than that. I hope Raj has now found himself a girlfriend, so the writers can focus more on his character for a while. Howard and Bernadette are really cute, but I'd like to see a little more in terms of a story line than Bernadette turning into a mini-Howard's mother. Probably my favorite couple is Sheldon and Amy, just because they are both so awkward socially, and Amy keeps trying to warm things up and move forward in the relationship with Sheldon. I think it would be funny to play on the Sheldon-Penny relationship a little more ... maybe even have Sheldon kiss her (or vice versa) in a moment of tenderness (or drunkenness), and then see what happens when Amy finds out and has to deal with that!

+ Reply to Thread