+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree807Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

FORT Fanatic

Re: Big Bang Theory

I LOVED last night's episode. IMO it was the best one of the season, so far. I love when Sheldon and Penny have scenes together...just the two of them. I half expected drunk Sheldon to end the episode singing...like he did the last time he got drunk.
    combatcutie and PhoneGrrrl like this.

I loved it, too. I wonder if Long Island Iced Tea will become Sheldon's beverage of choice. I always enjoy the Wil Wheaton episodes and it was nice to see Levar Burton, too.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    I LOVED last night's episode. IMO it was the best one of the season, so far. I love when Sheldon and Penny have scenes together...just the two of them. I half expected drunk Sheldon to end the episode singing...like he did the last time he got drunk.
    I like them together too... they work well of each other.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I loved it, too. I wonder if Long Island Iced Tea will become Sheldon's beverage of choice. I always enjoy the Wil Wheaton episodes and it was nice to see Levar Burton, too.
    Maybe not with the aftermath! I also loved this episode...especially as I live on Long Island. Ah, the things we are famous for...Long Island Iced Tea, the Islip garbage barge, Joey Buttafuoco and the "Long Island Lolita", and now Hurricane Sandy... It could be worse, we could be the Jersey Shore...
    Hyper likes this.

I was laughing because neither my husband nor my son knew what a Long Island Iced Tea was ;-) And because Penny made the drink below the counter, they didn't see just what was going into it (other than the splash of soda).

They were a bit confused when Sheldon showed up drunk at Wil Wheaton's house :-)

My sister's found out on a vacation we took. I tried to warn them about the "iced tea" but after 3 they went back to the room for a "nap"
    There's no place like home!

Here's one recipe for it:
    1 part vodka
    1 part tequila
    1 part rum
    1 part gin
    1 part triple sec
    1 1/2 parts sweet and sour mix
    1 splash Coca-ColaŽ

I thought it was funny when he forgot how many times he had knocked on Will Wheaton's door.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I was laughing because neither my husband nor my son knew what a Long Island Iced Tea was ;-) And because Penny made the drink below the counter, they didn't see just what was going into it (other than the splash of soda).

They were a bit confused when Sheldon showed up drunk at Wil Wheaton's house :-)
    They should have figured something was up when the audience gasped and Penny's mouth fell open. Sheldon as drunk forgetting his knock count then raising his fists then choosing the perfect bush was the best part of the show.

I don't understand Amy's contrary behavior while "directing" the flag segment. I thought both Wil and LaVar performed perfectly which is I guess the set up for her "stand up for your girlfriend" storyline.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think this was Amy's first attempt at directing and she always wants to be in charge and better at everything she attempts than others, especially those considered experts in their fields like Levar and Wil. She wanted to be the demanding and in control director. I don't think she'd have been satisfied with any performance they gave.

I've always loved Long Island Iced Tea. There are any number of similar but different recipes for it.

PWS, Yes, but Long Island is also known for the Hamptons and Fire Island.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I just grabbed it off Google. I haven't actually had one in over 3 decades. My one go-round with them is the only time I've ever gotten physically ill from drinking.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread