+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 191 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree739Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

hcw

Re: Big Bang Theory

I work with "gifted" children and I find this show hilarious. I can actually see my students turning into these adults in a few years. For example, today we read a passage about the Great Pyramid of Egypt. One child found an hieroglyphic alphabet book. At recess, I found these seven year olds hunched over the sidewalk writing their spelling words on the blacktop in hieroglyphs. I had to move them because the other kids wanted to play kickball. This show is just laugh out loud funny...and true. I'm introducing my class to Rock, Paper, Scissors, Spock, Lizard next week (just kidding, I can't remember the rules).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3316503;
    The fact that this show far, has never even been nominated as best comedy or had its writers, directors, and actors nominated is the final straw in my decision to ignore the awards shows. It is the funniest comedy on tv by far and has characters that actually have working brains. I guess that's enough to disqualify it.
    Those that nominate and vote for the awards shows do not understand this show. Too many big words!

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3317409;
    Those that nominate and vote for the awards shows do not understand this show. Too many big words!
    I loved Frasier for that, and I think it's partly why I enjoy this show so much. It also doesn't hurt that I majored in computer science and math and as a result, the humor hits home a lot of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3317409;
    That is precisely what I was thinking when I wrote the original comment, Pugmum.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hcw;3316650;
    I work with "gifted" children and I find this show hilarious. I can actually see my students turning into these adults in a few years. For example, today we read a passage about the Great Pyramid of Egypt. One child found an hieroglyphic alphabet book. At recess, I found these seven year olds hunched over the sidewalk writing their spelling words on the blacktop in hieroglyphs. I had to move them because the other kids wanted to play kickball. This show is just laugh out loud funny...and true. I'm introducing my class to Rock, Paper, Scissors, Spock, Lizard next week (just kidding, I can't remember the rules).
    That's hysterical!
    And as to rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock (I"m pretty sure that's the order), the only "rule" I know is that everyone wants to be Spock. Not even sure what the lizard symbol would be or what a lizard would do to scissors or Spock to a lizard...I guess the rock could kill Spock.
    And, Pugmom, I totally agree! That's the only reason I can think of why this show doesn't even make the lists!

I thought he quickly explained the rules one episode. I might have glazed over it though.

I'm slowly getting all my people hooked on this show too.

go to that video site u tube and put in rock paper scissors spock and you can listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3321745;
    I thought he quickly explained the rules one episode. I might have glazed over it though.

I'm slowly getting all my people hooked on this show too.

Rock beats lizard, scissors
    Rock is beaten by paper, spock

Paper beats spock, rock
    Paper is beaten by lizard, scissors

Scissors beats paper, lizard
    Scissors is beaten by rock, spock

Lizard beats spock, paper
    Lizard is beaten by rock, scissors

Spock beats rock, scissors
    Spock is beaten by paper, lizard

The funny thing is that they all always want to be spock, no matter what.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Mike'sgirl - It is too funny that you found this!

The show is hilarious to me. I will watch it and tivo it just to re-watch it. Sheldon is my fav hands down. In real life, his character would annoy the --you know what-- out of me but he is adorable at the same time. I loved the episode when he went to the movies to meet a reluctant Leonard and his girlfriend. When he was trying to find the acoustic sweet spot - I had tears in my eyes laughing so hard! It's definitely a top comedy...at least we recognize it
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

I just heard on tv that CBS plans to renew Big Bang Theory for two more seasons.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread