+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree744Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

FORT Fan

Re: Big Bang Theory

I've always liked Stuart and I'm glad to see that they are using more of him. The second one was a good episode, except for the space stuff, which fell flat again. They should get Howard back to earth and hopefully break up their marriage eventually.
    ilovefootball25 likes this.

FORT Fanatic

When TBBT started I commented how good the show is and that it could go on forever. Hubby brought me back to reality and pointed out that all shows have a shelf live and something always happens to make it "jump the shark". As sad as I am to say it, I think that something is now. I didn't like it when Amy and Bernadette became regulars as I thought it messed up the balance of the show. Now as much as I like the Stuart character I don't like him as a regular. Also Howard looks HOT...he's not supposed to look HOT, he's supposed to look like a nerd with his "houchie" pants and his outrageous belt buckles. I don't think the writers can undo anything so I'm giving this show another 3 seasons....2 if they quit while they're ahead.
    just1paul likes this.

I disagree, they can’t leave the characters as we found them in season 1. They have to evolve and grow. Introducing women into Sheldon and Howard’s life (in the form of Amy and Bernadette respectively) have allowed both characters to grow somewhat – and Melissa and Mayim have been a wonderful addition - imo.

Leonard is still ‘stuck’ on Penny, but I see that being the end game, even if they break up and move onto others – they’ll find their way back (ala Ross/Rachel). Raj someday will find his voice with women (this is the only thing that annoys me that they haven’t moved passed).

I don’t not like Stuart, but I don’t want to see him regularly.

I wouldn’t mind if they went back to the core cast for a few episodes just to give us die-harders a taste of seasons past. I’d love to get a little ‘soft kitty/warm kitty’…..

Unless one of the main cast members decide to leave, I anticipate this show will go at least 8 seasons, with my bet saying they make it to 10. How I Met Your Mother is now in it’s 8th season, a show I never thought would make a full season.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    Also Howard looks HOT...he's not supposed to look HOT, he's supposed to look like a nerd with his "houchie" pants and his outrageous belt buckles.
    I thought I was the only one who noticed that last night! The facial hair is flattering!
    Moontat likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Let us hope they do not go the way of Rachel and Ross as I thought the show was definitely done when they got together, baby, etc. But it was on the way out before that.
    There's no place like home!

I've always loved the addition of Bernadette and Amy; the only one I couldn't stand was Raj's sister and was delighted when she was written off. Characters have to grow and develop to keep a book, movie, or tv series fresh. I think the show has done a good job with this though I would like to see more of all the parents, especially Mrs. Cooper, and I do want to keep seeing the science and science fiction as the main focus. I hate when anything good is dumbed down. It's still my favorite sitcom by far and the only one I will watch every episode, several more than once.
    combatcutie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I've always loved the addition of Bernadette and Amy; the only one I couldn't stand was Raj's sister and was delighted when she was written off. Characters have to grow and develop to keep a book, movie, or tv series fresh. I think the show has done a good job with this though I would like to see more of all the parents, especially Mrs. Cooper, and I do want to keep seeing the science and science fiction as the main focus. I hate when anything good is dumbed down. It's still my favorite sitcom by far and the only one I will watch every episode, several more than once.
    I like Bernadette and Amy and like you didn't like Raj's sister. Bernadette just adores Howard, which makes one wonder, and I just love when she yells. She is so petite and cute but can get mean! And Amy is so socially inept, yet so gaga for Sheldon, he needed that.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I thought I was the only one who noticed that last night! The facial hair is flattering!
    I've been noticing that for a while. He also has a very endearing smile.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I've always liked Stuart and I'm glad to see that they are using more of him. The second one was a good episode, except for the space stuff, which fell flat again. They should get Howard back to earth and hopefully break up their marriage eventually.
    I like Stuart in a supporting role in the comic store, I'm not crazy about them trying to replace Howard with him. I would like to see them bring Howard back from the space station and give us more of the guys together, both with and without their women. I like Bernadette and don't want to see them break up. I'd like to see Raj find his voice with one special woman, and I'd like to see Leonard meet a woman who is his intellectual equal and have Penny going back to just being his friend. I think the on and off thing doesn't work - ever - and I hate to see it going that way. Penny can find a guy who is smarter than the ones she used to go with, but not on the level of Leonard, and she'd probably be happier.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I kind of wish they either had left Penny and Leonard just friends or after got them together just left them together. I kind of miss Penny's friendship with the guys. Now it's more like her friendship with the girls and that isn't as entertaining to me.

+ Reply to Thread