+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1019Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Re: Big Bang Theory

I have never believed that Raj is gay, nor is Stuart. Both of them, when they have dated, have dated and been attracted to women. Both are simply very awkward around women and so have established their closest ties as male friendships. Since Howard is now less available, I think Raj will turn toward Stuart for that friendship. Stuart, who is also feeling lonely, will respond. That seems very natural to me and if the show takes it in the gay direction, I will be as disappointed as I was when Brothers and Sisters made Saul gay with no legitimate reasoning behind it. Gay relationships that make sense are fine and entertaining, as on Modern Family of Six Feet Under; those that don't are just absurd to me.
    captain likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I have never believed that Raj is gay, nor is Stuart. Both of them, when they have dated, have dated and been attracted to women. Both are simply very awkward around women and so have established their closest ties as male friendships. Since Howard is now less available, I think Raj will turn toward Stuart for that friendship. Stuart, who is also feeling lonely, will respond. That seems very natural to me and if the show takes it in the gay direction, I will be as disappointed as I was when Brothers and Sisters made Saul gay with no legitimate reasoning behind it. Gay relationships that make sense are fine and entertaining, as on Modern Family of Six Feet Under; those that don't are just absurd to me.
    Oh I agree, I don't truly think they will do that, but they are making him (and now Stuart) perilously close). I also agree, nothing in his past, besides being very metrosexual, would lead me to think he is.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I can see Raj going home to visit his parents and coming back married.
    I like that idea, but I have a feeling he won't be paired off too soon.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Newbie

New here, just had to post on TBBT.

It's confirmed Raj will have a romance this season (confirmed at Comic Con 2012, and it's not a spoiler as only those words were spoken, nothing else).

I believe: Raj will meet a young lady. She'll have the same issue with the opposite sex. Except when alcohol is around, they'll build a relationship through nonverbal gestures and physical contact. In the season finale, they'll both look at each other and simultaneously utter their first words to the opposite sex sober: "I love you." Its so obvious that this will happen because that's how they write for the show.

IMHO, even more obvious that Raj is not gay.
    libgirl2 and Arielflies like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I know that Howard's mom is also supposed to be paired up. Hoping her new boyfriend can teach her sign language. I've grown tired of the constant yelling. It was funny at first, but now . . . not so much.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

"But now...not so much" is kind of how I feel about this show as a whole. It really took a nose-dive when they added Amy and Bernadette as main characters. Bernadette I could have handled but Amy is so "nails on a chalk board" that I quit watching it for a while. I like the S1-2 re-runs on TBS. This show, like HIMYM, should just end.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    "But now...not so much" is kind of how I feel about this show as a whole. It really took a nose-dive when they added Amy and Bernadette as main characters. Bernadette I could have handled but Amy is so "nails on a chalk board" that I quit watching it for a while. I like the S1-2 re-runs on TBS. This show, like HIMYM, should just end.
    Totally with you, but for some different reasons (although I agree with you, I can totally do without Amy). In Seasons 1-2, the geek jokes were just that: geek jokes. Then TBBT started to build a huge mainstream audience and they dumbed down the jokes. The physics/geek jokes are now (mostly) ones that mainstream audiences can digest (Even though, in Seasons 1 and 2, it wasn't necessary to be able to digest them but was an added bonus if you did, like classic hey day Simpsons episodes).

Even forgetting the dumbing down of the show, but where are the random "Hey guess what? Only xx months to Comic Con?" lines? And how have they not done a Comic Con episode yet, especially given that they are in SoCal and the real deal Comic Con is in San Diego?

And the coupling off of everyone is not only tiresome, but everyone is paired with their clone of sorts, except Leonard/Penny who are the opposites attract of the show. Amy = Female Sheldon, Bernie is a nerd, so is Howard, and as I posted above, I believe they will have Raj get with a lady who also cannot speak to the opposite sex without alcohol. It's just so obviously the MO of the show (Except Leonard/Penny).
    PhoneGrrrl likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

pappy97 (welcome to the board!), I completely agree with your assessment. It's kind of like the back-end of Friends; everyone is coupled off (except Raj, who has had zero character development since S2 when he learned about alcohol/talking to women). And I also don't like how they dumbed down the science jokes. I guess that ultimately why it bothers me is that the cast is FULL of really great actors that could do a lot more than they're given.

That being said, that if they get Raj a girlfriend and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Leonard's and Sheldon's moms are in one episode together
    , I do have hopes for some good episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    don't forget how Rah and Howard were portrayed in the early seasons as a quasi gay couple -- the Stuart/Raj thing is just a repeat of that.

I actually think it's a nice way of bringing Stuart out of the comic book store and into the group.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Another season premier... another disappointment. A few bits of humor? Yes. LOL? Nope. I still love all the guys... and girls... but Howard needs to come back from the ISS immediately because all of Melissa Rauch's scenes were by herself - I need Bernadette with other people!!!
    the "not so great" episodes of this show is far and above better than every single new sitcom that has premiered this fall.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread