+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1017Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Re: Big Bang Theory

I was trying to read and best I can ascertain is that they're around the 30 mark.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Sheldon has plenty of money - he has a drawer full of uncashed paychecks! Remember when he lent Penny money and they had to get it back from her ex?? LOL!
    Duxxy and captain like this.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Ok time to play devil's advocate. Sheldon said in one episode that if he could afford to he would not have a roommate. My question is why can't he afford it and Penny, lowly cheesecake waitress, can? I know she lives in a one bedroom, but why not Sheldon? Next question, how old are the guys suppose to be?
    I think that Sheldon and Leonard are supposed to be in their low 30's, while Howard is just around 30 (no PhD, so he would be younger since he would have entered the job market several years before the others). I'm not sure about Raj. I've always assumed that he's closer to Howard's age than Sheldon and Leonard. Although actually Sheldon should be younger since he made it through school so fast.

Sheldon may have said that, and I'm quite sure he could afford it, but we all know that he could not survive without a roommate. He needs some one to drive him everywhere, someone to bring food in, someone to take care of him when he's ill and to handle all the mundane chores of life he doesn't want to deal with. This leaves him free to indulge his eccentricities and to concentrate on what he thinks is important.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Ok time to play devil's advocate. Sheldon said in one episode that if he could afford to he would not have a roommate. My question is why can't he afford it and Penny, lowly cheesecake waitress, can? I know she lives in a one bedroom, but why not Sheldon? Next question, how old are the guys suppose to be?
    Best as I have been able to find on ages:

Sheldon, Born 1980
    Leonard, Born May 1980
    Howard, Born 1981
    Raj, Born October 6 1981

Their ages are mentioned a few times, but not their actual ages.. Sheldon said he was 9 when he started his 'mortal enemies list on a 1989 floppy disk'.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    Best as I have been able to find on ages:

Sheldon, Born 1980
    Leonard, Born May 1980
    Howard, Born 1981
    Raj, Born October 6 1981

Their ages are mentioned a few times, but not their actual ages.. Sheldon said he was 9 when he started his 'mortal enemies list on a 1989 floppy disk'.
    Nice job!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Thanks for the thanks, but it wasn't me who posted the link. I wasn't aware of the vanity cards until someone else kindly pointed them out. Mrs. Wolowitz just looks like a big red blob to me, like a beanbag chair. LOL Maybe its time for my annual eye exam!
    OOPs! Thanks to Marlena_M for the vanity card link!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I have a seemingly equal number of male and female friends and/or co-workers who have watched it from the beginning.
    it was a male colleague of mine who introduced me to the show. He'd watched it since day 1 - I picked it up in season 2.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Thank you everyone. I knew I could find my answers here.
    There's no place like home!

I figured maybe Sheldon had a load of student debt?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread