+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree867Likes

Thread: Big Bang Theory

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Big Bang Theory

Yeah Howard-the-ladies-man (if only in his own mind) was always hysterical for me.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Cause Howard's character was a lot better when he single with the dynamic between him and Raj and other things. The marriage component is a way to bring even more female viewers to the show though.
    I would suspect that the show has as many female viewers as male viewers. Everyone in my family has loved it from day one. Many women love science and science fiction. I think the marriage adds another funny dynamic to the show. When Howard was constantly search for female companionship, it began to seem repetitive. I think all the characters are growing and expanding to one degree or another, even Sheldon, and I applaud that.
    Moontat likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Next thing you know, Raj might even be able to talk to women without drinking alcohol!
    libgirl2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Cause Howard's character was a lot better when he single with the dynamic between him and Raj and other things. The marriage component is a way to bring even more female viewers to the show though.
    The only people I know who have watched it from the beginning are women. In fact, I don't know any men who watch it, either now or when it was a sausage fest + Penny.
    Duxxy likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I have a seemingly equal number of male and female friends and/or co-workers who have watched it from the beginning.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    The only people I know who have watched it from the beginning are women. In fact, I don't know any men who watch it, either now or when it was a sausage fest + Penny.
    I know more men then women who watch it.
    FireWoman likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Lower right, the original Mrs. Wolowitz. Bottom of picture, Mr. and Mrs. Rostonkowski.

Attachment 28371
    Thanks for posting that---now I can see her! And B's mom as well.

And AlwaysVeg, thanks for posting the link to the relevant vanity card. Very sweet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Thanks for posting that---now I can see her! And B's mom as well.

And AlwaysVeg, thanks for posting the link to the relevant vanity card. Very sweet.
    Thanks for the thanks, but it wasn't me who posted the link. I wasn't aware of the vanity cards until someone else kindly pointed them out. Mrs. Wolowitz just looks like a big red blob to me, like a beanbag chair. LOL Maybe its time for my annual eye exam!

Ok time to play devil's advocate. Sheldon said in one episode that if he could afford to he would not have a roommate. My question is why can't he afford it and Penny, lowly cheesecake waitress, can? I know she lives in a one bedroom, but why not Sheldon? Next question, how old are the guys suppose to be?
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

I'm guessing if there needs to be a logical explanation, it's the comparative sizes of the apartments. However, realistically a PhD who teaches and does research at a major university can probably afford to rent his own apartment. Plus, for this show, it puts Sheldon and Leonard together to interact in close range and provides a gathering place for the group. Also, Sheldon doesn't drive, so maybe he needs a roommate to get to work! As far as age, I don't know ... late 20s or around 30? Have they ever said anything about that?

+ Reply to Thread