+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Desperate Housewives Season 4

Did anyone watch the Season premiere last night? Okay, I have to admit, I'm a little mad. I waited 3 months only to see that Edie didn't die?! The premiere started off with MA talking about Edie having a plan to get Carlos back into her life and then we saw her hanging onto the beam where she was hanging. She was going to let go at just the right time so Carlos can get her down before she got strangled. We see Carlos walk in and call to her so Edie lets go. Unfortunately Carlos is stopped at the stairs by McClusky who calls him outside to complain about the garbage cans being out a day late. She and Carlos look up and can see Edie hanging. Carlos runs up and manages to save her. We find out that Lynette has been going through Kemo and is bald but she's wearing a wig to hide it from her friends and kids. (Against her mother's better judgement) Susan's old friend, Katherine moves back to Wysteria Lane with her daughter, Dylan and new husband (can't think of his name) who's a gynocologist. Dylan doesn't seem to remember being best friends with Julie or anyone else from their school either. She tells Julie that her earliest memory was some guy coming into her room and trying to grab her. Katherine and her husband are acting really strange about this whole thing. Katherine's husband ends up examining Susan (AWKWARD) and tells her that she may be going through menopause. Later, he shows up to tell her that she's actually pregnant much to the excitement of Mike! Katherine throws a barbecue to meet the neighbors and a number of things happen. Carlos tells Gabby that he can't leave Edie and that he simply wants to have an affair which infuriates Gabby. Bree's secret almost got out. 1st at the store when a friend wanted to touch her belly and 2nd at the cookout when she walked belly first into a pair of tongs. Ida saw it and flipped out and called Katherine's husband over but Orson covered and told him that they were trick tongs. That they were trying pull a trick on Ida. Bree revealed to Orson that she wants to keep the charade going because she wants a second chance to do things right. She feels that she failed Danielle as a mother so she wants to try again with Danielle's baby. Lynette finally tells this snooty woman on the PTA that she has cancer and takes her wig off which of course all of her friends see.
    That's a recap in a nutshell. Oh, Carlos brought Edie to the cookout and she thought it was a welcome home party for her. Too funny. If I missed anything else, please feel free to add.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Re: Desperate Housewives Season 4

I'm not sure what to think of the new season. Too soon. It was a little on the "over-the-top" type of story. I knew that Edie wouldn't die, just wasn't sure how they would play it. Frankly, I wish they had taken her out of the story line. I think the Gabby/Carlos storyline would be good, even without the Edie complication.

Ok, the whole Gyn/OB story about starting menopause and really being pregnancy confused was just plain stupid. Not liking his character, nor the actor who is playing him. Just not believeable. That's one bad doctor. Furthermore, just walking into the kitchen and telling her, also unbelieveable.
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Fogey

honestly, i am really bored with this serie, i hope this is the last season. sorry to the fans

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2593670;
    honestly, i am really bored with this serie, i hope this is the last season. sorry to the fans
    I enjoyed last night's show.

Why would you hope it is the last season? If you don't like it, then you don't have to watch. I don't like Grey's Anatomy, but it does not bother me that it is on the air.

FORT Fogey

you are right.
    i just lost my interest on this show.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I thought I'd heard we were getting a gay couple this year, so I thought that's what the moving van would be (Bree's comment on the Stickley chairs and good taste...I immediately thought, what a stereotype, gay decorators...so egg on my face!). So I guess there will be two new families?
    Weird about Julie's "friend". As if she were someone else's stolen child...
    Don't see how Bree is going to pull off the "birth". Are they going to pretend to go to some high tech birth center "far away" as Bree is on the old side for a baby? Why don't they leave now? She's 8 and a half months pregnant supposedly...you'd think she'd want to get "in position""...the baby could be early. Of course I can see them going to be near Danielle and Bree not wearing her padding and being seen by someone. I was surprised she was walking around downstairs without it on... someone could look in a window and see her putting it on.

FORT Fogey

I love Bree! I expect there will be some great fireworks between her and Dana Delaney's character.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2593747;
    I thought I'd heard we were getting a gay couple this year, so I thought that's what the moving van would be (Bree's comment on the Stickley chairs and good taste...I immediately thought, what a stereotype, gay decorators...so egg on my face!). So I guess there will be two new families?
    Weird about Julie's "friend". As if she were someone else's stolen child...

The daughter seems like she has had her memory erased. Very strange.

And yes, there is supposed to be a male gay couple arriving on the scene.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

It was a little "too much" for me. I think Lynn not telling her best friends about the chemo/cancer is a little unbelieveable. I think it's great that Susan is pregnant. I think something will happen when Bree gets the baby-maybe it will be a boy and marry Susan's baby girl (ok-I know it's far-fetched) The new family is just odd. I'm sure she came back to wreck the neighborhood-she seems real evil. And I wonder if the daughter had some sort of nervous disorder that she needed some sort of treatment that would cause amnesia.

Susan pregnant is not really a big deal. The thing that makes me wonder is that she said her period had been wacky for a couple months. She and Mike have only been married for like a month. I think the twist is going to be that it's Ian's baby. Mike and Susan being happy about her being pregnant with her husband's baby is way too easy a story line for this show, especially Susan. Plus, I don't think Susan and Mike had sex for quite a while before they got married. I just totally think there is going to a wrench here. And that wrench's name is Ian.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 1234567891011 ... LastLast