+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Re: Desperate Housewives Season 4

I know this show isn't generally too concerned with realism, but I think Dylan being a different girl would be less believable than the already semi-ridiculous notion that her memory has been wiped.
    I would think if she was as close to Julie as they claim, Julie and Susan would have photos of the two of them together.
    Even if 12 years or so has passed I would think they'd be able to distinguish whether or not it was the same girl.

This show really can be ridiuclous at times though.
    I'm sure they'll come up with whatever explanation they fancy and if it doesn't make sense there'll be enough other stuff going on that people will soon forget this storyline.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Whew, I loved this episode! Lynette and her mother were making me crack up with the "chronic" talk! I too think that Dylan is the same girl, but her memory has been erased. You can't put anything past this show, I think it would be a good twist. Maybe one day Dylan's memory will come flooding back or something. I may have to watch the first episode of this season again because I don't remember any talk of someone coming into Dylan's bedroom window. Anyway, the show has definitely got me hooked again this season!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It seemed to me that when Susan first saw Dylan she said something like, good grief, is this Dylan? in a tone of "joking" disbelief, as if she looked quite different than Susan remembered her, being "all grown up"... and that Julie didn't really recognize her either, just remembered her. Now that could be because some kids do change a lot as they grow...go from blonde to brunette, from small for their age to normal, etc., or it could be because it's really a different girl... or it could just have been one those things grown ups say to a kid they haven't seen in ages.

Very true, PWS.
    They've really left it open to a number of possible explanations.
    As much as I generally find this show ridiculous, there is always one storyline, however small, each season that keeps me interested enough to keep watching.
    Last edited by fluff; 10-15-2007 at 08:20 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Dylan told Julie her only recollection was of a man coming through the window. That tells me it is the same girl. But then maybe it's a different window.

I'm really not liking Edie's character anymore. She's become...pathetic. Clingy, needy, and pathetic, which is so not like she was in the beginning. The old Edie wouldn't have strung herself up from the rafters over a breakup, she would have found another man. Or two.

Lynette and the "special" brownies were hilarious.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2612980;
    So Danielle is 8 1/2 months pregnant now. I wonder how long in show time the last two weeks will drag out.
    warning ... spoilerific:

Click to see Spoiler:
    i saw some screen caps from an upcoming episode ... it appears that she will be having the baby during the halloween episode, as some of the pictures i saw shows bree at the delivery still in costume.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2613750;
    I'm really not liking Edie's character anymore. She's become...pathetic. Clingy, needy, and pathetic, which is so not like she was in the beginning. The old Edie wouldn't have strung herself up from the rafters over a breakup, she would have found another man. Or two.
    I agree. I much prefer the strong Edie. I have neither sympathy nor patience for weak, clingy characters.

C'mon, Edie! Pull yourself up by the bra straps and grow a pair (of titanium ovaries)!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2613750;

Lynette and the "special" brownies were hilarious.

Exactly! I used to really enjoy her character, now I just cringe when she enters the scene.

I really LOVE Lynette's mom! She really adds something needed to the storyline, and I just cannot stop smiling and laughing when she is in the scene I have a feeling there is more to her than we have seen so far, especially after the scene with her admitting to Lynette that she remembered the character she played in her school play. Looking forward to next Sunday night!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2614840;

I really LOVE Lynette's mom! She really adds something needed to the storyline, and I just cannot stop smiling and laughing when she is in the scene I have a feeling there is more to her than we have seen so far, especially after the scene with her admitting to Lynette that she remembered the character she played in her school play. Looking forward to next Sunday night!
    I really like her character, and I like the way that moments like her remembering the character add depth to Lynette's character. So much of Lynette is jumping to the wrong conclusion and facing the consequences of acting on that. It's funny when that characteristic gets her into precarious situations. But its especially poignant when those moments make Lynette realize that she's failed to appreciate the love that someone close to her is giving her.

+ Reply to Thread